Biggest underachieving club?

Avfc96

think if doing big city teams then Hertha Berlin be mentioned, dont think ever won the Bundesliga

also Lazio and Roma have only 5 league titles between 

Edited by Zatman

I think Milton Keynes is the largest urban area to have never had a football league club until recently when MK dons moved there

Technically Wimbledon moved there.  ;)

Yeah, I'm very much of the school that fails to recognise MK Dons as a proper football club.

The 2 Bristol clubs. One of the biggest cities in England and they've never even been in the top flight. That's a remarkable 'achievement' over 130 & 119 years (Rovers & City respectively).

As I'm from Lincolnshire I know a few Grimsby fans, their club has fallen down the tables from a few years ago. It wasn't long ago that they were in the Championship play-offs, now things look to be more stable at least but they are a long way off where they were

Edit: Also Lincolnshire having over a million inhabitants, none of the teams (Lincoln, Scunthorpe, Boston, Grimsby) have ever been brilliant. I may be wrong but I don't think they have ever been in the top league

Edited by villaguy

Bristol City. Biggest city in the country to have never won a top flight honour.

EDIT: God damn you BOF

As a renowned combo-breaker yourself, you will appreciate a timely post like that :D;)
  • Like 1

Newcastle really look down on us as a big club, they think they are a much bigger club, they get bigger crowds and have done for a while but I would say we have a similar fanbase, their just more fanatical up their, also I would say they are probably a more glamourous club which was built up in the 90s and early 2000 when they were exciting and had a lot of flair players, other than that I would definitely say we trump them in every other department, if they got it together up their though they would be a monster of a club,

oh yea definitely, and they only have sunderland to compete with really up in that area, we have blues and baggies 3 mile away and wolves 15 mile away,and also Coventry just down the road plus Birmingham and its surrounding area has a huge ethnic population who either don't follow football or follow united, arsenal etc, take aston for instance it has a population of what? 20k and I bet hardly anyone living in aston goes the villa, if you look at leeds  not only is it a one city club but they have big support all over the country, they are probably the best supported team in rugeley behind obviously villa,wolves,united,liverpool and probably celtic and rangers, leeds is 100 mile away from rugeley, hardly any spurs, everton , arsenal, city but loads of leeds

• Like 1

sort of helps they get bigger crowds as its mainly a 1 team city though

They have two cities to themselves (Gateshead too) and their ground is right in the middle of town. Imagine how much more Villa would feature in the minds of Brummies if Villa Park was where the Bullring is.

• Like 1

Â