Biggest underachieving club?

Avfc96

With your fondness for strict geographical rules TRS-T, I though you would take delight in the fact that only one of those two clubs actually play their home games in the city of Manchester. 

Clough stayiing on  would have been irrelevant after a while due to more and more money into the game. Since the early 1980s ie after Forest it has been impossible for any provincial club to have major success in England. Only Blackburn funded by Walker in the 1990s goes against this. Same as Gladbach in Germany after the 1970s, a town of about 250,000 it just too small to be a major power in european football.

Yes but they would probably have won 5 leagues and 3 european cups by then and a big buyer would have come in for them. To me there's nothing between forest and Derby. Both provincial clubs like you say. The sad thing for me is that Birmingham is the 2nd city and we are the biggest club but probably only about 8th biggest in the Country. 

It might help if more people from our very large city went down to support us now and again.

For the cities two clubs to muster a combined 45,000ish per home game is pretty crap and doesn't help the profile of the area at all imo.

Clough stayiing on  would have been irrelevant after a while due to more and more money into the game. Since the early 1980s ie after Forest it has been impossible for any provincial club to have major success in England. Only Blackburn funded by Walker in the 1990s goes against this. Same as Gladbach in Germany after the 1970s, a town of about 250,000 it just too small to be a major power in european football.

Yes but they would probably have won 5 leagues and 3 european cups by then and a big buyer would have come in for them. To me there's nothing between forest and Derby. Both provincial clubs like you say. The sad thing for me is that Birmingham is the 2nd city and we are the biggest club but probably only about 8th biggest in the Country. 

It might help if more people from our very large city went down to support us now and again.

For the cities two clubs to muster a combined 45,000ish per home game is pretty crap and doesn't help the profile of the area at all imo.

Not at all. We're on a par with Everton and they are Liverpool's second biggest club. So 35/36k a week is ok for a 2nd club but not that great for this City's premiere club.

I never think Newcastle are under achievers, never consider them that big, hate this attendances argument they cook up to suit themselves, their sense of entitlement is shocking

Liverpool for me, 13 league titles in 25 years followed by 0 in the next 25...

What about all the other trophies besides the league title won in that 23 year period? Do they not count or something?

Underachievement/achievement is measured by trophies won and/or league position.

I'd agree LFC have massively underachieved since 2009 (although did win a trophy in 2012) given cash/size.

Spurs maybe ? They're considered as a big force now .. Although they didn't win anything other than a league cup in the recent years if I'm not mistaken .. I think that's because the League these 2-3 years are much more harder than it was before ! You need to do a great work to achieve 5th or 6th !

I'd say spurs too.

I remember a game in the early 90s it was on a sunday and on sky, and they had a small following that day, think we won 1 nil, its the consistency that impresses me, a lot of clubs would take thousands away in their first couple of years but if they still fount themselves down their it would dwindle, leeds have kept it up year after year

Â