Biggest underachieving club?

Avfc96

As we have a similar thread about players who have not won anything of note at the top level, I thought I would start a thread about football clubs who have underachieved massively in recent times.

For starters:

Liverpool

Villa

Newcastle

Assuming this is England then Leeds and Bradford come to mind. Bradford have started to rectify it, but being in the 4th tier with their gates was crazy. And Leeds are so well supported, being out of the prem for so long is very poor.

Outside of England I might say bayern, with the financial edge they have they should win the league every year, not half the time.

I never think Newcastle are under achievers, never consider them that big, hate this attendances argument they cook up to suit themselves, their sense of entitlement is shocking

Liverpool for me, 13 league titles in 25 years followed by 0 in the next 25...

I never think Newcastle are under achievers, never consider them that big, hate this attendances argument they cook up to suit themselves, their sense of entitlement is shocking

Liverpool for me, 13 league titles in 25 years followed by 0 in the next 25...

Definitely right about Liverpool, but for Newcastle to have not won a major trophy since the 60's is shocking.

Spurs maybe ? They're considered as a big force now .. Although they didn't win anything other than a league cup in the recent years if I'm not mistaken .. I think that's because the League these 2-3 years are much more harder than it was before ! You need to do a great work to achieve 5th or 6th !

Newcastle United because they haven't won a trophy since 1969.

Even the 1969 claim is dubious.  The Inter Cities Fairs Cup might be the same trophy that went on to become the UEFA cup and now the Europa League, but the Fairs Cup wasn't sanctioned by UEFA. You couldn't qualify for it, you had to be invited into it and only one club per city were allowed to be invited.  The last major competition Newcastle United won was the FA cup in 1955.  I don't think there is any doubt they are the biggest underachievers in English football. 

Real Madrid, consistently breaking the transfer record, have some of best players ever to play game in last 10 years and have only won 3 league titles and 1 cup.

no matter how good this Barcelona team is, this is still a massive failure by Madrid

• Like 3

Birmingham City

Note to mods; Why isn't there a smaller font?

Considering the city they are meant to be representing then yes they are pathetic.  An embarrassment in every way and a massive hindrance on Brum's claim to be second city, so they are actually a fair shout.

if we are doing European teams, I know they aren't very old (comparatively) what about PSG?

3 league titles (and 1 of them was last year with the mega money) and a cup winners cup to their name, 2nd biggest club in France in terms of fan base, improving now but you could argue historically a poor youth set up (anelka being the only really superstar to graduate from there) they were awful in the 00's

Â