Biggest underachieving club?

Avfc96

I don't think leeds are the 3rd biggest club I just think their support is, granted arsenal nowadays have huge support but to be fair I don't see many arsenal fans about apart from down south, I know 1 arsenal fan and I probaly know about 20 odd leeds fans in my town, arsenal chelsea and to a degree man city will have had a big rise in support due to their success, arsenal and chelsea may surpass leeds due to that but I would not bank on it, when they were at the play off final they had over 120.000 applications for tickets, makes you wonder why elland road aint fuller on matchday,

You would be very surprised how well they are supported, just my opinion and I may be wrong but they are definately in the top 6, but I still stand by what I said,

My uncle is a Leeds fan, goes to many away games, but very few home games. He himself has said Villa and Leeds are on a par with support, I would agree with him.

It's definitely Arsenal 3rd(if not 2nd) then probably Spurs, they are massive in London and the surrounding areas, which is massive remember, Chelsea then Newcastle, then Everton, Us, Man City, Leeds and Sunderland in no real order.

West Ham as well.

You would be very surprised how well they are supported, just my opinion and I may be wrong but they are definately in the top 6, but I still stand by what I said,

My uncle is a Leeds fan, goes to many away games, but very few home games. He himself has said Villa and Leeds are on a par with support, I would agree with him.

It's definitely Arsenal 3rd(if not 2nd) then probably Spurs, they are massive in London and the surrounding areas, which is massive remember, Chelsea then Newcastle, then Everton, Us, Man City, Leeds and Sunderland in no real order.

yea its all about the away games with leeds fans, if any clubs are above leeds I'd go for arsenal and maybe spurs, just seems to me that leeds have support all over the country where as your hard pressed to find arsenal and spurs up north, everton have a good nationwide fanbase aswell, I'd go man utd,liverpool,leeds,arsenal,spurs, chelsea,everton,newcastle,villa,mancity,then either sunderland or west ham

West Ham as well.

They're not a big club. A couple of cups is about right for them I think.
I don't rate them as a big club, they have decent support but that's it, rate wolves as bigger club than the hammers

yeah but they won the World Cup and play traditional great attacking football  ;)

West Ham as well.

I don't rate them as a big club, they have decent support but that's it, rate wolves as bigger club than the hammers

yeah but they won the World Cup and play traditional great attacking football ;)

that's why I don't like west ham because of the media wankfest over them, media darlings which makes me sick, the proper londoners as they are called, give me millwall any day of the week

West Ham as well.

They are. They're not a successful club but they are a big club.

Blackburn Rovers have won loads but no way are they bigger than West Ham.

I suppose it all depends on how you define 'big'. It's a very subjective term. They're big compared to the teams in the bottom 2 divisions in England and most of the Championship, so in a 92 team 'big' league table they'd be well above midtable, but they're not as big as the majority of the Premier League and a few of the sides in the Championship which is why I don't see them as particularly deserving of anything more than what they've won over their history. In that sense I don't think they've underachieved or overachieved.

I suppose it all depends on how you define 'big'. It's a very subjective term. They're big compared to the teams in the bottom 2 divisions in England and most of the Championship, so in a 92 team 'big' league table they'd be well above midtable, but they're not as big as the majority of the Premier League and a few of the sides in the Championship which is why I don't see them as particularly deserving of anything more than what they've won over their history. In that sense I don't think they've underachieved or overachieved.

I define a big club as one with a big fanbase.

A club that has won a lot of trophies I would define as a successful club.

Success attracts fans though so the two become conflated.

I would put West Ham in the top 10 biggest in the league what with Leeds being in the Championship.

Yea leeds were a nothing club until the mid to late 60s,they have a decent history now but what I should of said in my earlier post was that until the 60s they were nothing instead of saying they hardly have any history, same with forest, up until the late 70s they were nothing but now they are considered a big club, teams like us everton arsenal utd and liverpool have history that goes back to the start of football and these clubs have a huge history, west ham seem bigger than they are because of the media's love of them and because their a london club, they are in my eyes a smaller club than forest wolves sheff weds, teams like blackburn have a great history aswell but are a relatively small club,

Â