What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Nothing dates an old car like a proprietary sat nav! 

Went in an old Lexus recently - about 15 years old. The sat nav was pretty much like a Spectrum game! 

The Vauxhall one only used the first 4 digits of the postcode :lol: It would get you within half a square mile of your destination

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I only ever owned one Vauxhall, one of these. Most unreliable car I’ve ever owned by a mile (and I’ve had quite a few cheap French cars).

eeba1357330b4af7066cc3f5edf7bc17.jpg

I think it could have been great if it didn’t keep breaking down or refusing to start. Really good spec, MPG and power for the engine size.

I owned an Astra and never had even a small issue with it. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

To answer the first one, no - I didn't take the picture myself.

Sounds like the sort of thing someone who DID take the picture would say.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 hours ago, Genie said:

Diesel hybrids are super rare aren’t they? 

A few people have told me they’re rare. I don’t really understand how though, it’s a car from 2014. There are surely thousands knocking about.

It’s a Peugeot 508 Hybrid4 RXH 🤷🏻‍♂️ The main thing I know is that it has a shit load of boot space, and it has a massager in the drivers seat 💪

16 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

A few people have told me they’re rare. I don’t really understand how though, it’s a car from 2014. There are surely thousands knocking about.

It’s a Peugeot 508 Hybrid4 RXH 🤷🏻‍♂️ The main thing I know is that it has a shit load of boot space, and it has a massager in the drivers seat 💪

It more so the fact it’s a diesel engine combined with a battery, usually hybrids are petrol + battery.

In theory diesel is better in terms of mpg and range, but it’s also the dirtier combination which sort of chips way at the (debatable) point that’s hybrids are better for the environment.

Tesla Cyber Truck owners have started to see their cars start rusting already. Who could have predicted that? 
I expect class action lawsuits are just around the corner.

On 30/01/2024 at 11:47, Stevo985 said:

Turns out the cars I can get on the scheme are uninspiring to say the least.

Might just take the allowance and keep my current one

I didn't realise I could contribute a bit of my own cash to get a nicer car, so I will indeed be joining the EV club.

(not in small part down to the difference in tax between getting an electric vehicle and a petrol vehicle!!)

Probably a Q4

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

Looking at a used BMW 420i.  Currently drive a 118d. Do any of you have a 420i? What are your thoughts?

Out of interest, why a BMW? 

On 15/02/2024 at 20:06, Xela said:

Nothing dates an old car like a proprietary sat nav! 

Went in an old Lexus recently - about 15 years old. The sat nav was pretty much like a Spectrum game! 

I'll remember for the rest of my life the first time I saw a sat nav in the flesh. it was in a taxi on the way home from a nightclub. It was probably about 2002 or 2003

I was absolutely gobsmacked, but the graphics looked like Elite on the BBC Micro :D 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Out of interest, why a BMW? 

Because the one I have has given me little trouble in the years I've had it and it's extremely comfortable.

Brand new Nissan Leaf for £21k. I wonder if we’ll see a bit of a price war in EV’s now the chip shortages seem to have eased.

link

Nissan_Leaf_2022.jpg

New Nissan Leaf Hatchback 110kW Tekna 39kWh 5dr Auto

• Like 1

Â