What do you drive?

StefanAVFC

4 hours ago, Genie said:

Brand new Nissan Leaf for £21k. I wonder if we’ll see a bit of a price war in EV’s now the chip shortages seem to have eased.

link

Nissan_Leaf_2022.jpg

New Nissan Leaf Hatchback 110kW Tekna 39kWh 5dr Auto

Dacia Spring EV to launch soon at £15k.

I’ll elaborate on my next car here for @Xela so that I don’t go OT in general (is that possible actually?).

So yeah, I sold me old Kuga and collecting my newer Kuga tomorrow.

Both high spec Titanium X’s but the newer one has the improved 2.0L engine that has better economy, more power and Euro 6. Touch screen with sat nav and with apple car play. Opening pano roof, heated leather seats and lots of other bits and bobs.

It’s been serviced and MOT’d and I’ll pick it up tomorrow, which I’ve realised is a bad idea for the road tax. I guess I will be paying for February for just a few hours of usage. Doh. I can’t defer till Friday as I need the car in the morning. Bloody leap year!

Edited by Genie
  • Like 2

I reckon they just won't be able to make enough of these.  This is when electric comes to the masses. 

Edited by sidcow

9 hours ago, Genie said:

I’ll elaborate on my next car here for @Xela so that I don’t go OT in general (is that possible actually?).

Both high spec Titanium X’s but the newer one has the improved 2.0L engine that has better economy, more power and Euro 6. Touch screen with sat nav and with apple car play. Opening pano roof, heated leather seats and lots of other bits and bobs.

It’s been serviced and MOT’d and I’ll pick it up tomorrow, which I’ve realised is a bad idea for the road tax. I guess I will be paying for February for just a few hours of usage. Doh. I can’t defer till Friday as I need the car in the morning. Bloody leap year!

Do you have to pay all of Februarys road tax for one day? Thats harsh! 

Did you go for diesel again?

The new Kugas are popular with our sales force on the road - the 2.5 PHEV version. Its the best for BIK apparently, as they get more per mile if the cc is is over 2000.

55 minutes ago, Xela said:

Do you have to pay all of Februarys road tax for one day? Thats harsh! 

Did you go for diesel again?

The new Kugas are popular with our sales force on the road - the 2.5 PHEV version. Its the best for BIK apparently, as they get more per mile if the cc is is over 2000.

I’ll pick it up later but I expect I’ll need to tax it for “February” to be able to take it away.

I have gone for the diesel yes. The facelift car gets the tweaked engine, 148bhp rather than 130 and also slightly better mpg and lower emissions so I can use it to go into Birmingham without being charged ULEZ fee. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Genie said:

You had me looking online at them last night, nice cars. 

5 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

You had me looking online at them last night, nice cars. 

I had the previous one for over 4 years and was a great car. Only a couple of fairly minor repairs needed doing in that time over 40,000 miles. 

Loads of room, big boot, feels like a good quality interior, 2L engine is very strong too.

I think it might be the first time I’ve ever replaced a car with the same (but facelifted) car. It might also be the longest time I’ve had the same car too.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I had the previous one for over 4 years and was a great car. Only a couple of fairly minor repairs needed doing in that time over 40,000 miles. 

Loads of room, big boot, feels like a good quality interior, 2L engine is very strong too.

I think it might be the first time I’ve ever replaced a car with the same (but facelifted) car. It might also be the longest time I’ve had the same car too.

The issue that I have with it, and it's not limited to the Kuga, but most modern cars, no CD player. I am giving it some serious thoughts but I really need a CD player. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

The issue that I have with it, and it's not limited to the Kuga, but most modern cars, no CD player. I am giving it some serious thoughts but I really need a CD player. 

There is a cd player just above the screen 

IMG-4471.jpg

My new car is 3 weeks in, and so far not to tempt fate but so far it’s been exactly fine and any difference from the previous one (same spec, change of colour) has been a tweek of improvement. It’s still got all those little tiny touches that for some reason I’ve really found useful. An umbrella hidden in the door, a ticket holder on the windscreen, a pull handle on the inside of the boot, space dividers in the boot, an ice scraper, road sign recognition. Those sorts of things that have probably cost about £20 in total but just make life so much easier.

Except one thing. They’ve saved 25p on not lining the glove box, so now anything in there like a rogue imperial mint or a phone cable, can have a little rattle around.  

But the mahoosive leap forward they’ve made is that the car software can update itself. The last model, to get updates required a dealer visit, and the dealer wanted £40 to basically plug it in to a laptop. So I would just decline to bother. This one just updates itself overnight.

What exactly it updates, is anybody’s guess, sat nav maybe. Although I did notice the logo for radio 4 was different this morning.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Genie said:

I’ll pick it up later but I expect I’ll need to tax it for “February” to be able to take it away.

I have gone for the diesel yes. The facelift car gets the tweaked engine, 148bhp rather than 130 and also slightly better mpg and lower emissions so I can use it to go into Birmingham without being charged ULEZ fee. 

I tell you what i like the look of, and they're ridiculous, but the Fiesta Vignale. Quilted leather seats, high spec, but all in a small package. New price was much more than a 'regular' fiesta, but let depreciation take its course and i wouldn't mind one if I was downgrading. 

• Like 1

Picked it up earlier and really impressed. As well as the cosmetic facelift upgrades there’s quite a lot of other improvements. The steering, the brakes, the headlights all miles better than the original MkII. Fuel economy noticeably better too. 

Apple carplay is brilliant. Tapping the button and asking siri a question when something pops into your head. Or asking Siri to play songs by an artist, a genre, album or specific track. Amazing. I’ve been missing out for all these years!

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

My "new" car is a 17 plate 420d BMW. Had it for 1 week so far. Traded my old 118d in for it plus a nice wedge of cash. I do about 8k miles a year so this could last me a long time.  The increase in hp is certainly noticeable, and the person who originally specced it included some nice options, like a digital dashboard, and went for the m sport version too.  The brakes grip like a mutha! Has some novelty options too like an arm which passes you the seat belt (because it's a coupe and you'd have to reach back quite a bit otherwise).  I miss having Android Auto which is installed in my old car, but it does have voice control for some features, and I've now figured out how to get it to work with Google Assistant which eases the loss of AA a little.  Headlights are brilliant too which couldn't be said of the 118! And I'll never go back to a manual either.

And finally it's a good looking car 😍

Compress_20240229_201641_1649.thumb.jpg.e54eff9bb005a874d16fbd40b0893059.jpg

Edited by dubbs
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, dubbs said:

the person who originally specced it included some nice options, like a digital dashboard, and went for the m sport version too.  The brakes grip like a mutha! Has some novelty options too like an arm which passes you the seat belt (because it's a coupe and you'd have to reach back quite a bit otherwise). 

How about indicators? 

AMIRITE?! ;)

I've had a coupe of 3 series coupes in the past, and loved them. The big old coupe doors can be difficult in a tight space (kw) though! Or you come back out of the supermarket and a Kia Picanto has parked 4 inches from your door. Like Stretch Armstrong trying to get back in!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

How about indicators? 

AMIRITE?! ;)

I've had a coupe of 3 series coupes in the past, and loved them. The big old coupe doors can be difficult in a tight space (kw) though! Or you come back out of the supermarket and a Kia Picanto has parked 4 inches from your door. Like Stretch Armstrong trying to get back in!

Indicators? What the hell are they???

Yeah the doors are beasts but so far I'm coping.  The comfort access is still a novelty which I'm sure will end up being forgotten about, but it's just so well made, so easy to drive, and fun too.  It's also the most comfortable car I've ever owned. 

Just got to get the missus to drive it now - she doesn't like autos!

Â