Transfer Speculation (Summer 2013)

samjp26

But isn't the Belhanda story just Montpellier whoring him out as being available? I mean, nothing tangible has actually come out of that story yet. Even the rumoured meeting at his training camp conflicted with where Paul Faulkner was known to have been at the time. It doesn't add up to me and frankly I couldn't care less either :)

So with our potential signings so far :

Tonev

Okore

Bacuna

Helenius

What are we talking about fee wise in total for that lot? It's well known the British press tend to exaggerate fees but going from what they said £4m for Okore not sure on the rest.

I think Lambert will have a big budget (he had like £20m didn't he last summer) so still some money left..

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't a fixed budget.  Lambert may have gone to Lerner and said we need 6-8 signings and I'll deliver you profit like I did on last year's players, and Lerner would pay whatever is necessary.  

But isn't the Belhanda story just Montpellier whoring him out as being available? I mean, nothing tangible has actually come out of that story yet. Even the rumoured meeting at his training camp conflicted with where Paul Faulkner was known to have been at the time. It doesn't add up to me and frankly I couldn't care less either :)

The Montpellier Chariman sounds like a bit of a clown. I love the quote about lowering the price to maybe '14m or 12m Euro'. He's not exactly playing hard ball is he. I can imagine he said 'or maybe 8m or 6m euro' under his breath after he said that. 'Whoring him out' is probably the best terminology you could use here.

So except Belhanda and maybe Popov all the other links in foreign media seem to have come through. maybe Belhanda isnt a dead one yet.

Maybe all UK media are banned sources :P

No, we're getting Jenas, Defoe and Gallas. I readed it in duh noosepiper.

Is this a first time we've had two signings in the same day?

Hutton and Jenas on Deadline day... *Whimpers at the memories*

From Hutton and Jenas to young, hungry players like Okore and Bacuna. Times are changing at Villa.

Benteke after Helenius for me pls ;) 

I still think we've only signed one first team player so far this window.

I'm all for signing foreign people I've never heard of but I want quality additions too.

Ah yes I suppose Tonev and Bacuna will be playing in the reserves. 

I still think we've only signed one first team player so far this window.

I'm all for signing foreign people I've never heard of but I want quality additions too.

Okore is total 100% guaranteed top notch quality.

I dont care what we paid for him he is worth it.  So highly rated at the club you would not believe.  This time next year we will be bricking it that he could leave us for 30M 

the lad is immense