The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

14 minutes ago, KHV said:

I think he definition of backed will be "I want to sign x,y,z" and actually getting the targets he wants. I don't think he will accept not getting his targets and I don't think he will accept Paddy Reilly's list of alternative suggestions either.

I'm not sure how realistic that would be though.  It's the players the scouts provided that I think are our best signings, so I wouldn't discount their input if I were Remi, especially as he seems much more clued up about how to integrate players from abroad than Sherwood.  I hope he is given money to spend but to be honest I'd just be happy if we kept our key players with a bit of wheeling and dealing on top.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I'm not sure how realistic that would be though.  It's the players the scouts provided that I think are our best signings, so I wouldn't discount their input if I were Remi, especially as he seems much more clued up about how to integrate players from abroad than Sherwood.  I hope he is given money to spend but to be honest I'd just be happy if we kept our key players with a bit of wheeling and dealing on top.

I see Garde as being quite stubborn when he wants to be. I think he will be stronger than Sherwood when it comes to players. That's my opinion of him anyway

• Like 1

The improvement in the team of late is there for us all to see and I believe if Garde was backed in Jan we'd have stayed up. I still think we have a chance and we'll go down fighting which before Xmas looked impossible. Garde seems a class act who hasn't pushed the blame on anyone not Sherwood not the players not even the board but what he is constantly doing is demanding we fight for success. His latest comments show he is willing to stay if our club is serious about coming back up and for that alone every Villa fan should back him. He wants the best for our club and is telling the board this. We can have Lerner Out banners all day long but a manager backed by the fans will have more chance of getting a reaction than anything we can achieve. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Michael118 said:

but-in-the-way.jpg

Sorry, I didn't realise this was a North Korean political forum. I thought it was Villa Talk where Villa fans can express their opinions freely.

The politics threads are in 'Off Topic', leave North Korea out of the Remi thread until Kim Jung completes his takeover.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

You can. Doesn't mean people need to agree with them though.

I hope so. I'm only calling it as I see it. 

Am not expecting anybody to agree with me either. That is the point of a forum, to share and discuss differing views.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, KSV said:

Disagree. The way we have integrated them was done wrong... I still think our best players were from the French league. Gueye next season will be awesome.. whichever league we are in.. Amavi has huge potential.. and will look even better under Garde. Ayew has been our best player hands down. Veretout has shown immense potential. Just needs confidence and more experience. Has 4 assists. More than Westwood has had in 2 years. If anything our senior players and lack of striker signings has been our let down. Gestede has been a massive let down. Crespo etc. As always.. some work some don't.

I agree they have not been integrated very well But apart from Amavi the rest are only average players IMO as a fan home and away. I have seen nothing to suggest other wise . They look good for 5 minutes on TV highlights but believe me they are distinvely average. Hence are leauge position. I may be old fashioned but I believe you  need a core of British talent in the dressing room, unless you can afford the very very best of talent (man city )

21 hours ago, thunderball said:

Nothing wrong with our French players, nor French players in this league generally, or players from French League 1?

Our position in the table would suggest otherwise! There are also a lot of average English / British players in the championship they could do a job if given a chance. Whats the continued obsession of going abroad?

15 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

Our position in the table would suggest otherwise! There are also a lot of average English / British players in the championship they could do a job if given a chance. Whats the continued obsession of going abroad?

BRITISH JOBS FOR HARD BRITISH WORKERS

THEY TOOK OUR JEEEEERBS

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

What our positon doesn't tell you though is that most of the players responsible for our demise are british or long term players. The lads from france are the least of our personnel problems.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, mwj said:

That makes no bloody sense whatsoever. With the French players (Cabaye, Debuchy etc) they finished 5th, now they've "ditched" them they are fighting relegation.

really and what have they done every season since, mcclaren is now buying british players!!

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

What our positon doesn't tell you though is that most of the players responsible for our demise are british or long term players. The lads from france are the least of our personnel problems.

I agree there are Lots of problems at our club! All my point is we don't need to keep looking abroad for average players. 

3 minutes ago, Blasterpocket68 said:

really and what have they done every season since, mcclaren is now buying british players!!

Those strong British names like Saivet, Wijnaldum and Doumbia.

Just now, Blasterpocket68 said:

I agree there are Lots of problems at our club! All my point is we don't need to keep looking abroad for average players. 

You've got a spare £12mill for Shelvey lying around that the club can borrow then?

English players are overpriced and overrated, that's why there's only a handful playing for the top 4

Â