The Rémi Garde thread

KJT123

You don't need to propose a petition. You can start one yourself.

But no more petitions.

They are completely pointless.

And even though I completely support Garde, we don't know what might happen between now and the end of the season. Garde might have a meltdown and become the second coming of Sherwood and we all want him out by May. Then we'd look a right bunch of tits calling for his head when we'd all signed a petition a few months earlier asking for him to stay.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, rubberman said:

7th in the form table for last 5 games.  That's pretty impressive compared to where we've come from.

The board better bloody back him whatever happens from here on in.  We're not going to find anyone better out there,

That for me is the crux of it. It'll be the case even more if Garde walks because hardly anybody that's even close to decent will want the job.

Edited by Mantis

Is all this discussion about Remi potentially leaving stemming from a commentator mentioning in passing that Lyon are without a manager or are there other sources?

The Norwich press conference didn't exactly fill me with confidence

I think there'd have been a pretty hefty risk of him walking at the end of the season anyway irrespective of how we end up.

Throw in that Lyon are allegedly looking for a Manager in the summer and I'd suggest that the chances of him being here at the start of next season are slim to rotten.

Shame if it happens too, he seems to be good, certainly managed to turn us around from a laughing stock to being competitive.

7 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I think there'd have been a pretty hefty risk of him walking at the end of the season anyway irrespective of how we end up.

Throw in that Lyon are allegedly looking for a Manager in the summer and I'd suggest that the chances of him being here at the start of next season are slim to rotten.

Shame if it happens too, he seems to be good, certainly managed to turn us around from a laughing stock to being competitive.

Hyperbole alert.

2 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

Uninspiring, boring, safe, conservative.

Won't make it as a top manager in the premier league.

I wouldn't really call him any of those things but it's still preferable to PASHUN

• Like 1

I rate the squad. I think we wouldn't be in this position if we got Pulis last season or Allardyce this season. Ranieri also more than likely would have chosen us ahead of Leicester if we wanted him. Bilic, Flores, Guidolin were all better appointments.

Edited by Michael118

The problem lies more with us choosing not to replace Sherwood in the summer.

I can see why they let him continue after keeping us in the league, but it was the wrong decision.. 

33 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

I rate the squad. I think we wouldn't be in this position if we got Pulis last season or Allardyce this season. Ranieri also more than likely would have chosen us ahead of Leicester if we wanted him. Bilic, Flores, Guidolin were all better appointments.

How can you possibly think a squad without a single decent striker is good?

16 minutes ago, sne said:

The problem lies more with us choosing not to replace Sherwood in the summer.

I can see why they let him continue after keeping us in the league, but it was the wrong decision.. 

I wasn't a fan of the Sherwood appointment but I thought he deserved another chance after what he achieved last season.

Alarm bells were ringing early this season though and I thought he needed to be let go sooner. Bringing in Allardyce when there were rumours he might join would have been a better choice.

We were only a few points from safety then and I would have been confident he would have got us out of trouble.

there is not a chance this ship was being turned around that quickly andit is pretty crazy to suggest that any of the managers you mentioned could have done it any quicker than Garde has. Case in point, the amazing job Allardyce is doing keeping Sunderland up.

2 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

How can you possibly think a squad without a single decent striker is good?

That could have been addressed in the January window. I don't think we were any worse off than Bournemouth before they signed Afobe and much better in other areas.

4 minutes ago, Michael118 said:

That could have been addressed in the January window. I don't think we were any worse off than Bournemouth before they signed Afobe and much better in other areas.

And you blame Garde for that?

• Like 1

Â