FIFA Corruption

islingtonclaret

He really is a despicable waste of a human being isn't he? 

He's pulling the race card after selecting a host for the summer World Cup that fail on the single count of being unable to host a summer World Cup - for money - for money for him.

This fella really should be spending his later years behind bars.

There are probably hundreds involved in football who should be behind bars, from referees, to players and officials. It's corrupt and as fans we are partly to blame for accepting the gravy train.

Bitter, twisted little bellend playing the colonial card to an African audience.

He knows he's in trouble. He's not just fighting for his current position, the perception of his entire legacy is threatened.

I really, really want this man to be found out for what he really is before someone else takes over.

As for this WC, the fact they want to move it to the Winter should mean it's a void bid anyway, as it was for a SUMMER World Cup. Why aren't the losing bidders sueing FIFA?

I don't have any issues with Russia winning their bid... up and coming footballing nation with a strong domesic league and clearly the infrastructure to host it. I might not like the decision for them getting it but there are no real concerns on them being able to host it.

Qatar on the other hand... possible the worst place on the planet to host it? Absolutely farcial decision.

I should think that there is a strong possibility the Russian bid was rigged if the Qatar one was. It doesn't really matter to me if they are more suitable hosts if the process was unfair. I never understood how England's bid could have got such little support.

I don't have any issues with Russia winning their bid... up and coming footballing nation with a strong domesic league and clearly the infrastructure to host it. I might not like the decision for them getting it but there are no real concerns on them being able to host it.

Qatar on the other hand... possible the worst place on the planet to host it? Absolutely farcial decision.

I should think that there is a strong possibility the Russian bid was rigged if the Qatar one was. It doesn't really matter to me if they are more suitable hosts if the process was unfair. I never understood how England's bid could have got such little support.

England were bidding for the European 2018 World Cup, not the 2022 one which has to be held on the other side of the World... the Sunday Times has millions of documents regarding FIFA and the vaiorious FA's around the world. If they were going to concentrate on one of the 2 World Cups to discredit and try to get a revote done on it would be the 2018 one due to Englands involvement.

Now whilst I'm sure the Russian bid wasn't squeaky clean the fact that there is little publicity regarding their bid compared to Qatari's would suggest that there isn't anything near as sinister in the 2018 vote as there was in the 2022.

This fact is also very inconvienient for Blatter as he has batted previous negative publicity regarding the voting system away by using the England sour grapes notion. Now he has resorted to the racism card instead.

it would be but I just don't see FIFA coming down. Blatter has a lot of support from the non superpowers who all have a vote in FIFA and not just the European powers. I remember the last time the big European powers went against him he crushed them in 2002 and I don't think he has forgotten that it was led by the FA

It won't get rid of FIFA but it could see a massive clearout at the top.  A similar thing happened to the IOC in 2002 when it was shown that countries were just buying the Olympic games. 

If FIFA really want the World Cup to be inclusive they could have encouraged groups of smaller countries in the same locality to make joint bids.

Not many states have the infrastructure to deal with the fuss of the whole gig, and then gainfully utiilse the stadia afterwards.

When you ponder the distances being flown in Brazil, the stadium up the Amazon that's supposedly not going to used after the cup and the Qataris doing their level best to check India's population explosion.

Spread it about a little.

You can't really expect much more than the 'race card' from this nasty little corrupt ignoramus.

Countries who's governments have even a shred of transparency, could never hope to host this event with this bunch at the helm.

So sad.

I find it increasingly hard to believe that it's just behind the scenes that football is a mess of corruption, and that this way of doing things doesn't spill over to the match officials - and probably players and managers too - on a regular basis. 

I find it increasingly hard to believe that it's just behind the scenes that football is a mess of corruption, and that this way of doing things doesn't spill over to the match officials - and probably players and managers too - on a regular basis. 

Ah it's not just behind the scenes. Blood doping extraordinaire Dr. Fuentes said that Real Madrid owe him money (Link) and the less said about Serie A or recent world cup winners, Zidane, Cannavaro to name just two the better. It's a dirty game.

Put aside the fact that Blatter's rants are the ramblings of a mad man. The British Press can quite easily aruge that, their articles are driven by their support of Asia/African people, as their articles have highlighted the deaths of over 1,000 construction wokers in Qatar in the past two years.

This, they could argue shows they have done more to highlight their plight than many other organsiations. And certainly done a lot more for the civil rights of Africans and Asians (should improvements come about) than FIFA could ever do under Blatter's reign.

All that has happened under Blatter is countries like Qatar get stigmatised, and racism has almost become accpetable. Easily argued that Blatter is in fact the closet racist, not the press.

He shouldn't really play that card when it can easily been thrown back in his face.

He was talking to Fifa delegates in a place in the world who will feel victimised by the West whilst trumpeting support for his next election next year.

He was going to say and do anything that these guys wanted to hear. The fact he got a standing ovation suggests it worked.

Anyway, since Splatter has started talking about racism shall we start talking about sexism?

How many women are on the boards or executives of Fifa and Fa's around the world?

What are Fifa doing to change this incredibly sexist mentality?

Someone should do one of those "Lets kick racism out of football" banners but change racism to FIFA. (not that it would do a lot, but I'd "like" it on Facebook :P )

Such a horrible organisation. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

He was talking to Fifa delegates in a place in the world who will feel victimised by the West whilst trumpeting support for his next election next year.

He was going to say and do anything that these guys wanted to hear. The fact he got a standing ovation suggests it worked.

Anyway, since Splatter has started talking about racism shall we start talking about sexism?

How many women are on the boards or executives of Fifa and Fa's around the world?

What are Fifa doing to change this incredibly sexist mentality?

As previously suggested regarding race, women should just accept mens dominance of the game at all levels, shake hands and be done with it.

I think the alarming thing is that they are all stupidly hypocritical and know it, but they don't care.

Â