FIFA Corruption

islingtonclaret

Or we'd have a situation like rugby where the league carries on but the big players are taken away. Meaning a lot of smaller teams have a chance to make ground on the top teams.

Or we'd have a situation like rugby where the league carries on but the big players are taken away. Meaning a lot of smaller teams have a chance to make ground on the top teams.

Cannot see that happening - the 'top' teams would have decimated squads, which could have serious repercussions on final table placings.

I think we've just got to brace ourselves for three seasons of upheavel due to money grabbing and bribery - so much for it being the peoples game!

The winter World Cup could easily be solved by the very sensible "Lego" system a bayern exec suggested, which the game should probably switch to anyway. However, this will never happen, and the part about winter is the smallest problem for this disaster of an idea.

I actually like the idea of having the WC in Middle East so I'd vote for that over Australia.

However the corruption in FIFA really sickens me, bearing in mind the size of the sport there can't be many bigger organisations that get away with such blatant illegality.

Qatar was a joke from day 1.

So from me it's hell no to Qatar but I'd like to think there is a way to make it work in that part of the world

Well, the fact that this topic has only had a handful of posts in what is probably the biggest corruption news out of FIFA in a number of years shows that there isn't enough furore for the necessary change to be made. The only way that a self regulated organisation such as FIFA will change is if the people force it. This means every football fan boycotting FIFA sponsors and of course the World Cup itself.

Unfortunately the rest of the world only will see England kicking up a fuss as sour grapes to losing the vote.

It's also depressing to know that Blatter's next in-line (Platini) is just as bad if not worse than the rest of them. There are many dark decades ahead for football and it actually makes me sick.

• Like 1

Apart from the intense heat, lack of basic rights for women and gays, the ban on alcohol and the numerous deaths in the stadia construction, is it only the alleged bribery that makes Qatar a poor choice?

• Like 1

I don't mind Russia hosting the world cup that much, yes England would have been a better choice, but Russia hosting the world cup is the same as Ukraine and Poland hosting the Euros 2 years ago, and they were fine. 

But Qatar, don't even get me started.

Â