Monthly Poll September 2013

limpid

Monthly Polls  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think we will finish this season?

2. 2. Who was the most influential person at the club last month?

• The owner
    • The manager
    • A player (please state)
    • Other (please state)
  3. 3. Are you optimistic or pessimistic about future of the club right now?

• Optimistic
    • Pessimistic
    • Indifferent

This is a monthly "state of the club" poll. You can vote for 7 days from the 1st of the month. This will be repeated every month. All votes cast are public.

I know it's a little late, again :)

Although I voted for Lambert, It could be argued that to a certain extent the most influential person at the club last month was Randy Lerner because of the level of investment (or lack of investment some will argue) as it has influenced our transfer activity. 

We'll finish top half without a doubt but I'm not yet convinced whether we can sneak into the top 8 just yet. 

9-13

Delph - been superb in all games although Gabby ran him close.

I'm indifferent about our future. Think we have an excellent manager and some very good young players who will hopefully only get better. However there will come a point when we will need to back the manager heavily if we are to realise both his, and the better players own ambitions as they mature, to compete at  the very least in the top third of the table. At this stage I am not convinced the owner will provide the necessary backing or have gotten the club into a positon in terms of income to do so.

This club should not have had the three recent seasons of struggle and whilst I will accept we need to build our way back up there comes a point when we need to get back where we should be which for this great club is at the very least competing for a top 6 finish.

Edited by markavfc40

9-13

Gonna give it to Paul Faulkner. Successfully shifting Bent, Ireland, Bannan off the books and clearly has been working effectively in tandem with PL.
Delph been the most influential player though.

Optimistic 

Edited by theunderstudy

9-13

Gonna give it to Paul Faulkner. Successfully shifting Bent, Ireland, Bannan off the books and clearly has been working effectively in tandem with PL.

Delph been the most influential player though.

Optimistic 

Had PF rid us of Given and Hutton aswell, I would also have given him it, literally  ;)

Edited by av1

I voted 5-8, with 8th place in mind as where we'll finish. If we are within striking distance from a European spot in January, Lerner might open up the check book and bring in that AM we still lack...who knows, maybe Europe is not impossible.

most influential has to be gabby and benteke for me - gabby has been immense and 4 goals for benteke is a great return.

still think we will struggle to break teams down when they shut up shop - al la liverpool but hopefully wont be as close to relegation as last year but its still gonna be close for me