Libor Kozák

samjp26

Expected to be back for preseason training. Hopefully he can stay fit for a whole season. Despite opinions on here, Kozak has scored goals when we needed it and is a useful member of the squad. He certainly is better than Holt and much longer. 

How do you know this ?

Troll-Face-Dancing1.jpg

• Like 2

Expected to be back for preseason training. Hopefully he can stay fit for a whole season. Despite opinions on here, Kozak has scored goals when we needed it and is a useful member of the squad. He certainly is better than Holt and much longer. 

Agreed.

I always liked him. He may not be particularly pacey or capable of creating things himself like Benteke, but he knows where the net is, scoring some very important goals. I think that he'll be much more effective if we get the magical creative midfielder that we've been wanting for so long. He cares about playing football and obviously is passionate about the club. Here's hoping he has an injury free season next time round.

I wouldn't go as far as saying he has a knack for goals. He is a striker, he is bound to get a few just like Holt, Bent or any other would when playing on top. Comparing him to Weimann and Gabby is also false, they would have scored more if they played as a striker with two guys roaming around to create for him. I saw very little from Kozak in terms of having any real attributes to him. He reminds me more of an early Peter Crouch than an Edin Dzeko. Heading and challenges is so and so, doesn't create space for himself like the best strikers and generally looks like he is marked the entire game - which in the end is a sign that you struggle with the tempo. Could probably become a nice player to have on the bench, but I severely doubt him replacing Benteke with ease.

Edited by Papillon

I actually really like Kozak. Knows where the goal is, has good feet for a man of his size and has quickly adapted to a new country and league. Say what you will about the Europa League, but he scored plenty of goals for Lazio in that competition. Hopefully we'll see the best of him next season. Speedy recovery, Libor.

• Like 2

Many seen to admire Kozak but I think this is more for the fact he hasn't played than his ability. Yes he scored a few crucial goals but his all round play wasn't the best. Had he not got injured i have a feeling he would have been another stick to beat Lambert with.

Many seen to admire Kozak but I think this is more for the fact he hasn't played than his ability. Yes he scored a few crucial goals but his all round play wasn't the best. Had he not got injured i have a feeling he would have been another stick to beat Lambert with.

That sounds like a contradiction in terms.

He's doing exactly what he was paid for - putting the ball in the back of the net.

• Like 1

That sounds like a contradiction in terms.

He's doing exactly what he was paid for - putting the ball in the back of the net.

Not necessarily. A striker that scores goals and does little else is fine if the rest of the team are decent. If however the rest of the team is average a lot more is needed from the striker.

Darren Bent is the perfect example of this. Great goalscorer but offers little else. Poor teams can't afford to carry him for 90 minutes.

True, but the difference between Bent and Kozak is that Kozak is eight foot twelve. Even just his presence in the box will draw off defenders.

The only attention Bent draws when he enters a box these days is from Liam Ridgwell. ;)

• Like 1

Not necessarily. A striker that scores goals and does little else is fine if the rest of the team are decent. If however the rest of the team is average a lot more is needed from the striker.

Darren Bent is the perfect example of this. Great goalscorer but offers little else. Poor teams can't afford to carry him for 90 minutes.

I agree, but it is not his responsibility to sign an AM. He can only do the job he was bought for.

Also, in Kozak's favour, he does work harder than Bent (I realise that is not saying much) and it is his first ever Premier League season. IMO, he does more than "offer little to the team".

• 4 weeks later...

If we play to his stenghts i think he'll be a good(ish) players for us.

Yes the money should have been spent on the midfield insted and yes we might have paid a tad too much for him, but with the right support he will score goals.

If we play wider and cross the ball into the box more often he'll come good.

He's not a strong targetman type player who will win the ball standing still with his back towards the goal against 2 defenders when it's hoofed up from our half.

From the little i've seen of him in europe he does make good and intelligent runs and he's better when he gets the ball in from of him than when he gets it directly on his foot (if that makes sense) running to the ball.

Hopefully he makes a speedy recovery and our next manager will utilize him better

Edited by sne

Â