Libor Kozák

samjp26

Anyone have a gif of Kozak's goal celebration with the away fans? That was fantastic.

His goal celebrations are fantastic - I m still not totally convinced TBH - but his work ethic - and a few goals in limited appearances make him a useful option....

I'm happy as long as we see lots of celebrations because that means lots of goals. :)

I think he's decent at holding the ball up. Not as good as Benteke was at the end of last season, but better than Benteke has been at it so far this season. He's also adept at winning fouls. I agree with Tomaszk that he seems hesitant when the ball is coming his way, but he's also always very aware of where his nearest defender is and seems to be gauging whether he can win the battle or draw a foul - I think that's just part of his adjustment to this league and should improve.

Most worrying thing he did in the Southampton game was, after having successfully held up the ball from a clearance, completely messed up his pass and gave it straight to Ricky Lambert. Fortunately their attack broke down. I haven't seen Kozak give the ball away cheaply very often though, that seemed to be an isolated incident.

It was always going to be a tough ask of him to hold up the ball when the only other player close to him was usually a sprinting Agbonlahor. I really wouldn't use Soton as a good yard stick of him holding up the ball to bring others in. Wasn't exactly our tactic for the night.

From his displays so far I can see why he was top scorer in the Europa league but not able to nail down a place as a starter in serie A.

Pray tell

Not offering any great insight, I just mean in terms of him being a goal scorer whose overall contribution to the team wasn't enough to justify a starting position in the league team as opposed to the cup, which they may have taken less seriously.

He's not as strong and good as Benteke at holding the ball fending off defenders, but I think the game against so'ton isn't a good example as he was very isolated and didn't have many options when he got hold of the ball. And Benteke is also able to do things on his own which I think Kozak can't. But from what I've seen so far I think Kozak is a more intelligent player than Benteke is. But sometimes Iget the feeling that he's too slow for the PL. But then again, I think it's far too early to make any real juste judgement on him just yet. I'm happy as long as he scores as often as he has so far. Good work, Libor.

I really like him. He's not a phenomenal striker by any means, but he works hard when he's on the pitch and you can see how much it means to him to be scoring for us. 3 goals at this point is pretty good, I reckon, considering that he's still pretty new to us and is settling in. His height is always going to be a threat, especially from set pieces, even if it's more of a case of him drawing defenders away so someone else can get their head on it. I have a lot of respect for somebody who'll give it their all and shows how passionate they are, and his celebration on Sunday showed just that. There are definitely areas of his game that he can improve, of course, but if he's gonna continue scoring goals then he's alright for me, since that's the only statistic that's gonna win a match for us. He seems like a genuine guy who wants to do well for us, and I hope he can do just that.

• Like 3

Â