Libor Kozák

samjp26

Like I said low expectations if that's what's considered a good performance. The only player I felt could be considered good before we made the changes was vlaar. Everyone else was very average.

It's quite clear you had made your mid up about this player early on and are now reluctant to admit to anything which suggests you might have been premature with your views.

I agree he was better than Benteke on Monday, but he'd be a lot more effective if we played to his strengths. The crossing was poor, especially from Bacuna and when he was put through he hit a cracking shot that deserved a goal.

Like I said low expectations if that's what's considered a good performance. The only player I felt could be considered good before we made the changes was vlaar. Everyone else was very average.

It's quite clear you had made your mid up about this player early on and are now reluctant to admit to anything which suggests you might have been premature with your views.

Not at all.

Look at the stick I gave vlaar last year and right now he's proving me wrong. I'll happily admit I'm wrong if Kodak turns out to be good.

But he's looked poor so far with just the of glimpse of quality. Nothing to suggest he's going to be a good premiership player. To suggest he played well against west brom baffles me. It was another average performance.

maybe if you see everybody else praising him, maybe its you with the wrong expectations

maybe if you see everybody else praising him, maybe its you with the wrong expectations
I see a small amount of posters on this site praising him. Posters who usually praise anything to do with the club.

If heskey had played like that I don't it would have been classed as a good performance.

Edited by Big_John_10

Bah, that's a little too simplistic though.  Heskey was at least 10 years in the English game by the time we got him so expectations would rightly be high.  There's no harm praising an improvement in a player that's settling in.  There's a difference.  I've yet to be bowled over by Kozak and I'm admittedly one of the more positive posters w.r.t. things claret and blue but I am seeing signs that he's better than he first showed.  Nothing to get overly excited by but I'm ready and cautiously optimistic that he'll be good.  He has 2 league goals to Benteke's 3 from open play in much less league football this season (777 v 504 minutes on the pitch) and his overall contribution in play has been probably on a par or marginally better than the struggling-for-form Belgian.

• Like 1

I see a small amount of posters on this site praising him. Posters who usually praise anything to do with the club.

If heskey had played like that I don't it would have been classed as a good performance.

John in bring up the MON era shock horror.

It's got nothing to do with Heskey or anybody who has previously played for us. Kozak has been here 5 mins scored a few goals and puts a shift in. He played well in the first half and the majority agree.

As stated above you've already made your mind up and you're being stubborn refusing to admit you're wrong.

It's ok, we'll catch you in this thread at the end of the season, admitting you were wrong, just like the Vlaar thread.....hmmm pattern forming??

There's no harm praising an improvement in a player that's settling in

Agreed.

He looked OK against city and took his goal well against Cardiff. But are people saying this was a good performance compared to previous poor ones or a good performance in general terms. I just don't see what he did that made it anything other than average.

He played well in the first half and the majority agree.

Oh the majority agree. They must be right then.

I think I agree with you BJ.

He had an excellent effort just over the bar but otherwise did the minimum I'd expect of a player in his position. i.e. not give the ball away when he got it. Didnt impose himself on the game that much but as with other games that was primarily down to the team performance.

People are rinsing Benteke and he admittedly gave the ball away a lot but I don't see how he had less of an impact than Kozak. He set up Kozaks one and only shot for instance.

I do think Kozak is improving but as with others its a gradual gradual process.

Agreed.

He looked OK against city and took his goal well against Cardiff. But are people saying this was a good performance compared to previous poor ones or a good performance in general terms. I just don't see what he did that made it anything other than average.

For me it was a good performance compared to previous bad ones, which is what I want to see in a player settling in. You can only chart a player based on his own previous outings.

Agreed.

For me it was a good performance compared to previous bad ones, which is what I want to see in a player settling in. You can only chart a player based on his own previous outings.

I think you can do both.

Bennett may come in and play better than last year but still not be good enough so in that instance I wouldn't class it as a good performance.

Bacuna against Cardiff was a good performance. Delph in most games has put in a good performance. Vlaar against west brom was a good performance.

For me kozak for that hour was not a good performance and we are better without him.

My worry with Kozak is how he fits in with us tactically.

He was clearly a better player than Benteke on Monday, yet subbing him off rather than Benteke was 100% the right decision. With Kozak in our side we lack the same balance that we have with the front three of Tekkers, Weimann and Ags, and our style of play isn't helping create the right sort of chances.

I'm not worried about his ability, I'm worried about Lambert's ability to create a play style that he can thrive under. Early days yet though, and it's no bad thing that we have players who can offer us something different.

Agreed.

I was very doubtful about his abilities in his first few appearances, but he is definitely improving and showing some nice touches.

That could not be classed as a good performance in my opinion, but it was definitely better.

However, you are right to say that Vlaar was the only consistantly good player in the West Brom game, and a number of others, Tonev, Sylla, Bacuna, even Benteke, did not contribute as much as Kozak.

Â