Match thread

KjParton

Didn't see the game but based on the highlights we looked very slick indeed.

Gardner's free kick was a decent strike but that and one of the other goals was a goalkeeping mistake which a Premiership keeper probably would have saved.

Great all round performance though and hopefully we can now carry that form into the new season.

Edited by Morpheus

Spoke to my Uncle Ray (Graydon) today and he said Villa looked good with some really nice one touch football. He was a little disappointed at the Walsall attack though as they didn't show enough composure when in advanced positions. 

Spoke to my Uncle Ray (Graydon) today and he said Villa looked good with some really nice one touch football. He was a little disappointed at the Walsall attack though as they didn't show enough composure when in advanced positions. 

Walsall looked awful. I think they beat us in this fixture under O'Leary or Taylor. 

Spoke to my Uncle Ray (Graydon) today 

Wait a minute. Run that by me again. 

Your uncle is Ray Graydon? 

YOUR UNCLE IS RAY GRAYDON????   :o

worthy.gif

Edited by mjmooney
  • Like 1

"You've never heard him mention it before?" - Fair play it is well worth a mention or 300 please pass on our best regards to the Grader next time you see him KJ he is a Villa legend!

The only disappointing thing about last night was Walsall's non performance

I'm not sure what you can learn from a match when it's that one sided. Nice finishes though so at least that was something

I'll also say that at the time, I was getting increasingly **** off with the folks clamoring around Petrov, must've gone on for over 30 minutes. The match was going on, he and his kid were there to watch it but people just swarmed them. Obviously he's not going to tell them to bugger off but i felt it was a bit out of order bearing in mind his little lad was with him. That all said, i'm glad he posted and said he had a good time

Â