Match thread

KjParton

Especially delighted for Jack Grealish and Gary Gardner tonight as I think their goals will have given them both a huge, huge boost.

These are only friendlies, of course, but when I compare and contrast to this time last year I really think things are beginning to take shape down Villa Park.

They've just shown a villa fan heading the ball as it went out of play on SSN. Did he get kicked out like you would at our place? :D

No he did that right in front of Stan. He then got a rousing applause and cheers from the villa end which he milked. Amazingly as he turned around to head back to his seat the ball came his way again, he caught it and then goalie style hoofed it into the sky. Was hilarious moment.

Yeah that was brilliant.

Easy win for us. Walsall were toothless upfront (although Steer still nearly gifted them a goal) and they couldn't cope with the pace and power of our front three.

Really impressed with Delph, not just the goal but he was popping up everywhere demanding the ball. Like the look of Luna aswell.

Very pleased with what the boys showed tonight. Good goals, great understanding between the players and that rarity of rarities.....a clean sheet!

Gardner looks to have recovered some of the form that brought him to the fore and he scored a belting free-kick from distance. But stand-outs for me were Luna and Sylla, who could both turn out to be huge players for us this coming season.

Oh...and Tekkers, just keep doing what you do best son and the rewards will be yours to reap.

Â