Match Thread

samjp26

is this guy really the best bet for a commentator on avtv?
those annoying..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................pauses are just painful.

Id rather win 4-0 than 4-1

Me too, but he said he wanted a clean sheet more than anything else, and Lambert seems to go for the 'we will score more than you' approach, with the teams he puts out.

Well, yes its nice to score goals. But it would be good to know we are capable of keeping a clean sheet. Lambert may seem to go for that approach but it does not always work. In fact in most cases over the last year. It hasn't. I still think the defending as a whole team is a major major worry.

What did Clark do exactly?? I went for a piss and only just saw the goal.

He went in late, high, and studs-up on a Crewe player, would have easily gotten a red if it wasn't a friendly. Really piss-poor challenge. Also gave away a free kick on the edge of the box (typical), let a ball roll out for a corner after a communication mix-up with Guzan (typical). The usual.

Encouraging first 45mins - Benteke and Weimann have been terrific.

Impressed with the attacking play by Luna but he has been caught out several times defensively.

KEA is slightly frustrating in that he plays the ball backwards too much - when he plays it forwards, he's got some real skill and has set up two goals.

Lowton, Vlaar, Westwood, Bacuna and Agbonlahor have also performed well.

Clark, I fear is becoming a bit of a scapegoat but in fairness he's our worst player on display tonight. Stupid tackle to pick up a yellow and conceded other silly fouls. Certainly not a first choice CB for me.

There are not many teams in the league who have a better front 3 than us.

We also have tonev and helenius in reserve.

I think we'll be a high scoring team next season.

The passing is superb. I've criticised KEA last season but he looks good tonight. I think he's a good squad player to have but just not enough to be a regular starter.

God I can't wait for the season to start.

What did Clark do exactly?? I went for a piss and only just saw the goal.

He went in late, high, and studs-up on a Crewe player, would have easily gotten a red if it wasn't a friendly. Really piss-poor challenge. Also gave away a free kick on the edge of the box (typical), let a ball roll out for a corner after a communication mix-up with Guzan (typical). The usual.

Cheers. Malicious, poor technique, or both?

Â