Manchester United

BOF

I have said it once before and I will say it again. Alex Fergusons stock as a manager is rising by the day. He was already a legendary manager, but it has gone through the stratosphere now.

Manchester United fans are already saying he should return to the club.

Edited by Voinjama

I have said it once before and I will say it again. Alex Fergusons stock as a manager is rising by the day. He was already a legendary manager, but it has gone through the stratosphere now.

Manchester United fans are already saying he should return to the club.

Given the squad they had compared to Chavski and Man City them winning the league last year was great achievement. Manure needs almost complete rebuilding starting from january as they practically wasted this transfer window. I can't believe they didn't start already, as they need world-class replacements for Carrick, Giggs, Anderson, Nani, Young and another striker as Van Persie is already 30 and has suspect injury history and Welbeck and Hernandez aren't good enough to lead the line.

They're still a very solid team, Carrick is vastly under-rated by most and is a far more accomplished Premier League player than the likes of Fernandinho, Paulinho or Ramires. Rooney and Van Persie still represent the best striking duo in the league and a fit Ferdinand / Vidic partnership still vastly outclasses Luiz / Cahill, Nastasic / Kompany and whoever the hell Arsenal play there at the moment.

People are licking their lips at the prospect of United crumbling, but I don't think it'll happen anytime soon.

nothing like an overreaction from people. they have the best striker in the league, best defender as well and arguably best goalkeeper. United will not finish 4th or 5th

I said before that not even Moyes could take that squad lower than 3rd. I'm not completely ruling it out now though.

They still have a better squad then Spurs. How many Spurs players would get in the Man U team. Not many.

Soldado, Eriksen, Lamela, Vertonghen, Lloris (tough but rate him better than De Gea who I rate highly) Dembele, Capoue.

Vertonghen would have been an excellent replacement for Ferdinand. United's midfield is pants and only Carrick looks like a title-winning player. They could do with a Dembele or a Capoue there. Lloris is the best 'keeper in the league, Lamela and Eriksen are already better players than Nani and Young although it remains to be seen if they "make" it here - barring injury they should.

Soldado is a 50-50, but he's better than Hernandez etc. Not at RVP/Rooney levels..

What United have is a strong team, where they generally look decent as a unit as player for player they could come out as 5th best in the league, yet won the title with room to spare last season.

At that level it is down to psychology as much as talent.

If there is a bit of doubt around the place, and opponents no longer have that fear of playing them, then Man U could see a few slip ups in games they were expecting to win this season.

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 1

They still have a better squad then Spurs. How many Spurs players would get in the Man U team. Not many.

Soldado, Eriksen, Lamela, Vertonghen, Lloris (tough but rate him better than De Gea who I rate highly) Dembele, Capoue.

Vertonghen would have been an excellent replacement for Ferdinand. United's midfield is pants and only Carrick looks like a title-winning player. They could do with a Dembele or a Capoue there. Lloris is the best 'keeper in the league, Lamela and Eriksen are already better players than Nani and Young although it remains to be seen if they "make" it here - barring injury they should.

Soldado is a 50-50, but he's better than Hernandez etc. Not at RVP/Rooney levels..

What United have is a strong team, where they generally look decent as a unit as player for player they could come out as 5th best in the league, yet won the title with room to spare last season.

Into the 'team'. Chicharito isn't in the United team. I'd say Walker, Dembele & Paulinho would definitely get in. I don't know enough about their new attacking midfield recruits to say whether they would or not. I think they're the 2 best keepers in the league but I don't think Lloris would definitely get in over de Gea. So I'll say 3 would. Another 2 or 3 might get in and the rest wouldn't. But as LondonLax says, it's not all about 'on paper'. It's psychology and the team unit.

Into the 'team'. Chicharito isn't in the United team. I'd say Walker, Dembele & Paulinho would definitely get in. I don't know enough about their new attacking midfield recruits to say whether they would or not. I think they're the 2 best keepers in the league but I don't think Lloris would definitely get in over de Gea. So I'll say 3 would. Another 2 or 3 might get in and the rest wouldn't. But as LondonLax says, it's not all about 'on paper'. It's psychology and the team unit.

I think time will tell, Manchester United probably have the better 'team' at the moment. But it's a team that includes one or two ageing players who won't be at their peak for much longer. The current spurs squad would be far more valuable in terms of transfer fees than United's. There's every chance (a probable one, i suspect) that Lamela, Eriksen & Paulinho will prove themselves better players than Young, Wellbeck and Cleverly.

nothing like an overreaction from people. they have the best striker in the league, best defender as well and arguably best goalkeeper. United will not finish 4th or 5th

I would disagree on best defender and definitely best keeper.

Lloris is world class, he showed that again at Arsenal.

I'd also much rather have Kompany than a 35-year-old Rio or an ageing Vidic who lacks pace. The remainder of their back 4 is made up of an ageing Evra who Moyes clearly has no faith in and at right back it's the defensively suspect Rafael.

I wont even get started on their midfield.

Fergie masked what an average squad they have for their level.

I would disagree on best defender and definitely best keeper.

Lloris is world class, he showed that again at Arsenal.

I'd also much rather have Kompany than a 35-year-old Rio or an ageing Vidic who lacks pace. The remainder of their back 4 is made up of an ageing Evra who Moyes clearly has no faith in and at right back it's the defensively suspect Rafael.

I wont even get started on their midfield.

Fergie masked what an average squad they have for their level.

how did Fergie mask it though? 10 points id say he was worth a season at most which would still leave United comfortably in top 3 with their squad

Â