Manchester United

BOF

To be fair, Man Utd have been pretty good in the three games this season. Sure a loss against Liverpool is never great for them, but they were obviously best in that game and also against Chelsea. Fergie lost away to Liverpool several times as well, no biggie.

Hell of a job though, they should have hired a fall-out guy and let Moyes take over in a year instead.

As for the transfer-window, Fergie was notoriously known for not using an attacking midfielder like Özil. Scholes was never that kind of player even though he scored some goals. As far as I see it, the Champions have addressed their biggest problem, and gotten Fellaini. Now how can a team that finished 1st with 10-12 points over the second best, with a new enforced midfield, suddenly be a much crappier team? Strange. If football was decided on paper, Man City and Chelsea would win every single year. Obviously that hasn't happened.

It's just entertaining to see Utd fans panicking and worrying about things that the rest of us have had to worry about for the last 20 years. It will be fascinating to see how they all cope.

They'll stop supporting them and become Chelsea fans?

You'd have Lamela and Erikssen over Valencia. 2 players yet to kick a Premier League ball.

Lamela came on and looked quite sharp but I take your point - however would you have Ashley Young or Mesut Ozil in your side? Ozil hasn't kicked a ball either. Eriksen is a much much better player than Valencia.

Ferguson's retirement was as intelligent as his career at Man U.

He knew the team was in decline and got out at the right time.

He said he got out because his wife's sister died.

At that level it is down to psychology as much as talent.

If there is a bit of doubt around the place, and opponents no longer have that fear of playing them, then Man U could see a few slip ups in games they were expecting to win this season.

I agree with this. It struck me a bit in the Chelsea game, fair enough first Moyes home game so 0-0 wasn't too bad but you didn't really get the feeling that Man. United would win it in the last 10 minutes which always seemed a guarantee under Fergie.

They won 10-15 points a season with those infamous late goals so if they start to dry up with Moyes being cautious and taking the point like he frequently did at Everton, then they won't be winning the league.

I don't see them dropping out of the top 4 though as they still have plenty of excellent players in their team even if quite a few of them are in their 30s now.

Now Khedira has come out and said Manchester United tried to sign him. This is almost like a comedy shadow, another one comes out of the woodwork.

Hazard

Lucas Moura

Sneijder

Nasri

Robben

Essien

Ronaldinho

funny these very public rejections in last 10 years never got as much hype especially as 1st 2 were in last 12 months

With regards to the rejections, they were spread out over a number of years. The Arjen Robben was in 2004 through to the Sneijder one in 2010 after Inter won the Champions League.

This summer 7 to 9 players have rejected Manchester United. Since I have been following football I have never known so many player's to reject them.

well players reject them every summer since Alan Shearer rejected them for blackburn. United have always had a problem attracting top foreign based players over the years.

its just media were afraid to have a go at fergie

It appears as though Özil was offered to United at the start of the summer and Moyes rejected it straight away. Özil sat tight waiting for the big boys to come knocking all summer while Arsenal waited patiently. No one came in so he decided on Arsenal, then United panicked and went for him on final day and he told them to **** him. Similar story with Khedira and he too told them to **** off.

It also appears as though the lawyers were representing United and when it looked like the deal mightn't go through, United distanced themselves from the deal to the point of making the lawyers out to be fraudsters because they didn't want to be associated with another failure. The lawyers have said they're going to go through the correct channels in order to clear their names in all of this.

In short, if the above is true then Woodward has got to be out of a job. He's pretty much being lambasted by anyone reporting on United.

Absolutely hilarious all in all.

well players reject them every summer since Alan Shearer rejected them for blackburn. United have always had a problem attracting top foreign based players over the years.

its just media were afraid to have a go at fergie

Shearer rejected them twice, once for Blackburn who were offering more money (and to be fair to Shearer, they did win the league too) and once for Newcastle who were his boyhood team.  I can see the logic behind both decisions, especially because the gap between Manchester United and rival clubs was not as huge back then as it is today. 

**edit** 

His strike rate at Blackburn was ridiculous too.  130 goals in 171 appearances in all competitions, 112 in 138 in the league which works out at better than four goals in every five games.  

Edited by The_Rev

It appears as though Özil was offered to United at the start of the summer and Moyes rejected it straight away. Özil sat tight waiting for the big boys to come knocking all summer while Arsenal waited patiently. No one came in so he decided on Arsenal, then United panicked and went for him on final day and he told them to **** him. Similar story with Khedira and he too told them to **** off.

It also appears as though the lawyers were representing United and when it looked like the deal mightn't go through, United distanced themselves from the deal to the point of making the lawyers out to be fraudsters because they didn't want to be associated with another failure. The lawyers have said they're going to go through the correct channels in order to clear their names in all of this.

In short, if the above is true then Woodward has got to be out of a job. He's pretty much being lambasted by anyone reporting on United.

Absolutely hilarious all in all.

And here I was thinking no one could provide more hilarity than Newcastle or Sunderland.  :crylaugh:

I wonder who is more to blame, Moyes or Woodward. I guess we're gonna find out in ten or twenty years when the eventual book comes out.

as for people saying they wouldnt have overpaid if Fergie was there

Bebe

Young

Nani

Anderson

Berbatov

even Rio considering Leeds were just going bust

It sounds like it is not just the change of manager that that was the problem but the new vice chairman Woodward.

Whoever was to blame you can't get away from the notion that Man U have had a desasterous summer window.

Â