Manchester United

BOF

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Even walking to the ground a few Man U players have to cover there mouth while chatting to team mates, hate that with a passion.

Pretty sure its to stop the daily rags from hiring lip readers to "translate" video footage, which they have done in the past.

• Like 2

1-0 Wolves 

3-2 Forest

1-0 Burnley

2-1 Brentford

2-1 Sheff Utd 

1-0 Fulham

1-0 Luton

All their league wins so far. Various debatable decisions, late goals, opposition most of whom it wouldn’t be massively surprised if they were in the bottom third by the end of the season.

Between now and our game on Boxing Day they have three away games in a row against Everton, Galatasaray and Newcastle; then three home games against Chelsea, Bournemouth and Bayern; then two more away games against Liverpool and West Ham.

Included the European games mainly because they look difficult and make a tricky run look even trickier. The quality of opposition in that run isn’t top tier, Liverpool aside, but I think it’s better than the teams they’ve beaten. So if they’re going rack up the wins I think they’re going  to have to beat better opposition than they have so far.

Or have more questionable decisions go their way and more late goals. 

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

1-0 Wolves 

3-2 Forest

1-0 Burnley

2-1 Brentford

2-1 Sheff Utd 

1-0 Fulham

1-0 Luton

All their league wins so far. Various debatable decisions, late goals, opposition most of whom it wouldn’t be massively surprised if they were in the bottom third by the end of the season.

Between now and our game on Boxing Day they have three away games in a row against Everton, Galatasaray and Newcastle; then three home games against Chelsea, Bournemouth and Bayern; then two more away games against Liverpool and West Ham.

Included the European games mainly because they look difficult and make a tricky run look even trickier. The quality of opposition in that run isn’t top tier, Liverpool aside, but I think it’s better than the teams they’ve beaten. So if they’re going rack up the wins I think they’re going  to have to beat better opposition than they have so far.

Or have more questionable decisions go their way and more late goals. 

Was gonna say, they won't catch us, they have played no one decent yet.

30 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Was gonna say, they won't catch us, they have played no one decent yet.

They have, they just haven’t picked up any points from those games.

Although we haven’t been stellar against the better opposition we’ve played so far either. Brighton is the most notable exception and Man Utd lost their comparative fixture with them. Also lost to Palace at Old Trafford.

Any hope I have of us finishing higher than them, both for champions league qualification and simply just to finally finish higher than them, is based on them scraping through basically all their victories while most of ours have been much more convincing. Man Utd haven’t won a match by more than two goals in the league and only once in the eighteen games in all competitions. We on the other hand have won two or more goals in six matches in the league and nine times in all competitions (again, eighteen games).

• Like 1

Despite everything ETH has reached 50 premier league matches with a fairly impressive record. In that time, they’ve won 30 and drawn 6.

To put that in some context, with 96 points he’s ahead of his predecessors Mourinho (95), LVG (94) and Ole (85) at the 50 game point. Moyes obviously didn’t reach that number.

For additional context, only Guardiola (112) as a current manager has more. Klopp on 92.

Along with the various “worst start to a season since X year” narrative that has been accompanying them this year, I enjoyed the football ramble’s description of these conflicting stats as painting an Escher staircase type picture of how well they’re doing :D

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Despite everything ETH has reached 50 premier league matches with a fairly impressive record. In that time, they’ve won 30 and drawn 6.

To put that in some context, with 96 points he’s ahead of his predecessors Mourinho (95), LVG (94) and Ole (85) at the 50 game point. Moyes obviously didn’t reach that number.

For additional context, only Guardiola (112) as a current manager has more. Klopp on 92.

Along with the various “worst start to a season since X year” narrative that has been accompanying them this year, I enjoyed the football ramble’s description of these conflicting stats as painting an Escher staircase type picture of how well they’re doing :D

It's this metrics that should keep him in the job a bit longer. Hopefully long enough to see him still be in charge when we play them as a new manager bounce could really work for them. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Think he is the United manager to win 50 games the fastest

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Think he is the United manager to win 50 games the fastest

Yes this is also correct. 

So two stats, 50 wins in all competitions (joint fastest with…Ernest Mangnall who managed them at the start of the 20th century).

And most points won after 50 league games for Man Utd since Ferguson.

I’m sure these stats will keep the yellow and green scarves at bay.

13 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Ratcliffe looks just pathetically desperate to get involved here I think. As soon as he done Glazers will be right then mate you crack in and fix the stadium and facilities and sort the football team we'll just chill and take the cash

If reports are true he is going to rip up the transfer strategy by signing 32 year old Griezmann on 350k a week 😂

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

If reports are true he is going to rip up the transfer strategy by signing 32 year old Griezmann on 350k a week 😂

I don't really get him either. Billionaire owning a chemical company, then the last 3 years tries to buy Chelsea and Man U, basically funds the Mercedes F1 team, seeing loads of Ineos branded cleaning products in supermarkets. Is he having a mid life crisis?

So what happens if Nice qualifies for the CL and by some miracle Manure does too? Is Ratcliff only owning 25% enough for them both to not be allowed in the same competition?

And Manure buying Todibo from Nice is a bit iffy since Rathcliffe has ownership in both clubs.

Edited by sne

On 14/11/2023 at 11:57, Mark Albrighton said:

Emery currently on 37 premier league games in charge, 74 points won. 

113 to play for so he will beat Peps record :D

6 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I don't really get him either. Billionaire owning a chemical company, then the last 3 years tries to buy Chelsea and Man U, basically funds the Mercedes F1 team, seeing loads of Ineos branded cleaning products in supermarkets. Is he having a mid life crisis?

Probably just diversifying investments into other areas - much like the oil states are - in anticipation of oil reserves drying up/oil being phased out in favour of renewable energy sources. Btw, didn't Ratcliffe campaign for Brexit and then move to Monaco (saving himself paying £4bn in taxes)? Will fit right in with the fine folks at United.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

Is this the sort of thing you'd be up to in a mid-life crisis?

• Haha 2

Have thought that Man Utd look poor and was surprised when they were the "form side" heading into the last set of fixtures.  They've beaten basically all the weaker sides (bar Palace) and lost to all the good ones.  However, I'd not paid much attention to them in the table...

...until I just glanced.  They've only scored 13 goals so far this season!?  That is atrocious!  Every other side in the top half has scored at least 8 more goals than them and they've been outscored by Forest and Everton too.  Just wow.

• 2 weeks later...
Â