Manchester United

BOF

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

The Pogba Man Utd have got is just the same Pogba I've seen whenever I've seen him play for France.

Clearly talented but never dominates or imposes himself on the game or opposition.

I don't want to call him average he certainly isn't anything special as far as I can see.

The Euros was the red flag. Very good against some shite teams, anonymous in the big games. 

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

The Pogba Man Utd have got is just the same Pogba I've seen whenever I've seen him play for France.

Clearly talented but never dominates or imposes himself on the game or opposition.

I don't want to call him average he certainly isn't anything special as far as I can see.

He strikes me as the kind of player you've got to build a team around which is why he shone so much at Juve. I didn't watch huge amounts of him there but he seemed to be used in a similar role by Juventus as Steven Gerrard was by Liverpool when he was playing with Torres.

He gets stuck in and has a lot of energy but is he that disciplined tactically? Or does having tactical shackles cripple him offensively? My personal theory is that he benefited massively from being in a team (Juve) who were so much better than everybody else in the league that they could afford to carry him. He's not got that luxury in the French national team and he's not getting it at Manchester United either. Maybe going to Real Madrid would have been a better move for him as at the moment he strikes me as an exceptionally talented flat tracked bully rather than a guy in the class of Messi, Ronaldo, Bale (etc). 

His game isn't very subtle, intelligent and he has no real outstanding quality to his game, one or two good attributes such as a decent long pass...but a bit of a flat track bully. Would do well in Scotland with Scott Sinclair.

Edited by rodders0223

6 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

It's the same Pogba Juve had too. Juve although had better players around pogba. Pogba was pretty much always just a solid player to have in Juve's side, but 1 in every 5 matches, pogba would show up and have himself a worldie of a match. The serie a also is a bit easier imo. The bottom teams in the serie a are pretty poor. 

• 3 weeks later...

Man Utd apparently won 9 games during the season under Moyes.  They've won 6 this season with 3 home games left - Chelsea being one of them.  Broken the world record on a transfer, too.

Genius Mourinho.

No real improvement than under Van Gaal really. Still lumping the ball forward for the Fellani and Zlatan. Probably should have beat Everton with the controversial offside decision.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

really cant buy a goal at moment. Mourinho magic touch is obviously gone and unless he brings in Europa League you cant really say they have done better than Van Gaal

They seem to have scored hardly any goals again this season, how many goals did they score at this stage under LVG last season?

Long gone are the days when they'd routinely put 4 or 5 goals past teams in the league.

Tbf I said a while ago they should just win the Europa league as that's probably easier than finishing top 4 and looks like they'll do that now.

1 hour ago, PaulC said:

No real improvement than under Van Gaal really. Still lumping the ball forward for the Fellani and Zlatan. Probably should have beat Everton with the controversial offside decision.

Everton atm are nowhere near full strength.

I have been saying it all season. The guy is finished. The loveable rogue who you would run through a brick wall for is gone. This morning, another interview of him publicly slagging off Luke Shaw. Absolute cretin of a man and no surprise it isn't working out.

• Like 1

20 games unbeaten for Utd now, 10 of them draws however. He's only really a "Kane", "Aguero" or a "Costa" away from being a real title contender imo.

His treatment of Shaw is terrible. Was it Jose too that said he was too fat (publically) or was that LvG? Either way, Shaw has been treated pretty badly by his manager(s) off the back of that horror injury he had. I'm not sure what Jose is trying to do here unless its to get him to quit and leave.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

20 games unbeaten for Utd now, 10 of them draws however. He's only really a "Kane", "Aguero" or a "Costa" away from being a real title contender imo.

His treatment of Shaw is terrible. Was it Jose too that said he was too fat (publically) or was that LvG? Either way, Shaw has been treated pretty badly by his manager(s) off the back of that horror injury he had. I'm not sure what Jose is trying to do here unless its to get him to quit and leave.

Zlatan's scored as many as those three so they already have the prolific striker at their club.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

Given that Jose is quite well known for protecting his players I can't help but think that him being so outspoken about Shaw probably has some justification.

And the fact that he's not the first manager to be critical of Shaw. But when Jose does/says something it gets blown out of proportion. Like the dropping of Casillas, all about his ego, thinks he's bigger than the club, etc. Following manager drops Casillas too, no mention of it. 

They need more goals from elsewhere if they realistically want to compete. City have a group of midfielders who chip in, Chelsea have Hazard, Pedro.  Spurs have Son and Alli. Who are Uniteds 2nd and 3rd, Mata? Pogba? Probably barely got double figures between them. Mkhitaryan has been really poor in front of goal whenever I've seen him this season. 

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

And the fact that he's not the first manager to be critical of Shaw. But when Jose does/says something it gets blown out of proportion. Like the dropping of Casillas, all about his ego, thinks he's bigger than the club, etc. Following manager drops Casillas too, no mention of it. 

They need more goals from elsewhere if they realistically want to compete. City have a group of midfielders who chip in, Chelsea have Hazard, Pedro.  Spurs have Son and Alli. Who are Uniteds 2nd and 3rd, Mata? Pogba? Probably barely got double figures between them. Mkhitaryan has been really poor in front of goal whenever I've seen him this season. 

There's a massive, huge difference between a manager dropping a player and a manager actively slagging the player off - Mourinho does the latter (and, if it works out down the line, he's a "mind game genius").  Take Guardiola and Aguero earlier in the season - Aguero was dropped, there were loads of stories about his future etc.  I don't remember anything from Guardiola stating the player was <x> or <y>.

(On Casillas, wasn't his dropping the culmination of a petty feud between the two, based on Mourinho's utter contempt for Barcelona?  I seem to remember something about Casillas speaking to Barcelona players (Spanish teammates) after El Clasico which Jose hated.)

Its the not the fact he has been critical of shaw, its the fact he did it for all to hear. Its so demining and wrong and shows he has zero class. Its all about him. He's so self affaccing and arrogant.

50 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Its the not the fact he has been critical of shaw, its the fact he did it for all to hear. Its so demining and wrong and shows he has zero class. Its all about him. He's so self affaccing and arrogant.

So you think Bruce has no class? Or is it one rule for one, and another rule for someone else? Or could it just be that he's had words on the quiet, and it didn't work, so public shaming is what he felt necessary? 

We've no idea how long he's been told to sort it out at United. Bit given that he's not the first to be critical of Shaw, I think it's a fair assessment to say it's not a relatively recent thing. 

Â