Manchester United

BOF

this european / world league will never happen, the very reason as to why it would happen is the same reason as to why it wont, money, far too sponsors involved with each individual league and the UEFA competitions, the lawyers of the PL and barclays, and every other sponsor would have a field day if utd said they were off, look what happened when they said they weren't doing the FA cup for 1 year, now imagine if they said they were going and werent coming back...

I've watched a couple of their preseason matches and I have to say, Herrara is probably going to be the buy of the season. He looks so damn good.

You're right.

Knew nothing about him until this summer.

He's exactly what Man Utd didn't have last year.

Only thing is, there is only one of him. They will need more depth in that position to sustain a title challenge.

I would start Wilson ahead of Rooney given the choice between them for a forward position. Wilson is a more natural finisher and he can also score from outside the box.

Rooney should be used as a utility player. he can play in the midfield-attack link position, on the wing or in CM. they pay him enough money so they can play him where they like.

ElEtAtg.jpg

109,318 turned up for Manchester United vs Real Madrid in Detroit today.   That's a hell of a stadium! 

Well it is and it isn't. I mean it is just a big bowl with seats. It looks a shallow rake with only 1 tier  and there is no cover. Still it is massively  big. I am sure Simon Inglis could give you chapter and verse on stadium design though if anybody is interested in that sort of thing.

I would start Wilson ahead of Rooney given the choice between them for a forward position. Wilson is a more natural finisher and he can also score from outside the box.

Rooney should be used as a utility player. he can play in the midfield-attack link position, on the wing or in CM. they pay him enough money so they can play him where they like.

You should email LVG with your suggestion.

• Like 2

He wants to play as a number 10. Utd already have Rooney and Mata, and a hatfull of other players stating they want to play that position (Januzaj, Young, Fellaini)

I can't see why Utd are after him so badly without selling some.

He wants to play as a number 10. Utd already have Rooney and Mata, and a hatfull of other players stating they want to play that position (Januzaj, Young, Fellaini)

I can't see why Utd are after him so badly without selling some.

to stop Liverpool getting him?

ElEtAtg.jpg

109,318 turned up for Manchester United vs Real Madrid in Detroit today.   That's a hell of a stadium! 

Biggest stadium in the western world. But it's not Detroit, it's Ann Arbor.

You can see my back garden in that picture.

Well it is and it isn't. I mean it is just a big bowl with seats. It looks a shallow rake with only 1 tier  and there is no cover. Still it is massively  big. I am sure Simon Inglis could give you chapter and verse on stadium design though if anybody is interested in that sort of thing.

Not that shallow. The steps aren't much smaller than at VP.

No cover because it's not needed.The season is August/September to November, when it's a mixture of summer and autumn.

BBC Sport on Twitter say that United bid (or will bid) £55m for Di Maria. Overpriced imo and would they be able to accommodate him? What's his natural position? Winger or no.10?

think he could play the left wing back role. He has the energy and work rate to play there and probably better choice than Blind

though they still need an experienced central defenders

I think United are favorites for top 4 ahead of Liverpool, regardless of them signing any more new players. The most likely will, even multiple, but with LvG at the helm and no European football to worry about, their squad doesn't have to be that huge to compete in the Premier League. With the right acquisitions, they are also contenders for the title - but that means signing players like Hummels and Vidal before the window shuts.

Liverpool have a good squad on paper, but they are far, far away from City/Chelsea in terms of top talents. The void left by Suarez is huge and Gerrard is getting even older. Mix that up with many new players having to gel in whilst also playing in the Champions League, it is going to be a difficult task to copy last season. Talk about winning the league is totally of the mark, that will never happen. They are nailed on for 5th, but also Everton can challenge if they go out early from the cursed Europa League.

Will be very interesting to see what the clubs manage to do before the window shuts. If Arsenal bring in a top striker a la Benzema and a central defender, they will be candidates. If not, the same as last year will happen once again. Giroud will tire after Christmas and they will lose all the games against the good teams.

Man Utd look like an exciting team going forward but they haven't sorted out the centre back position - unless, of course, as I have suggested, they convert Luke Shaw to centre half. 

could be a Kevin Keegan at Newcastle kind of season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_United_F.C.#First-team_squad

Rafael (BRA)

Jones (ENG)

Evans (ENG)

Smalling (ENG)

Varela (URG)

Vermijl (BEL)

Keane (ENG)

Shaw (ENG)

Or maybe they have high-hopes for 21-year-old Keane? Never heard of him but it is rather odd they have decided to leave the gate open at the back... unless, of course, Keano is the new gateman.

Â