England vs Scotland

TRS-T

Maybe but go back to 2009-10 and he pulled out for I think 3 squads for various personal reasons plus the under 21 tournament a few years back aswell.

I'm not sure how Woy is supposed to pick players on form when.....errrrr the season hasn't actually started yet. Zaha's apparently played well for United in pre season so I suppose that's one player in form who's in. And I welcome Lambert's inclusion aswell as that gives hope to players in the lower leagues as he was in league 1 two years ago. Why wasn't he called up for the June friendlies though?

He should at least go on recent league form (e.g. the end of last season). I honestly don't know how Defoe and Welbeck make it into the squad ahead of Gabby.

Much prefer to see the Villa boys get overlooked. In the past the likes of Milner Young and Barry would go off and come back with big heads, tapped up etc and play crap for the next few weeks.

It's great to dangle in front of them for incentive but a pain in the arse one they are in.

• Like 2

If you exclude the strikers, we're a decent side. We've just got such an uninspiring strike force these days.

Still struggle with an unbalanced midfield and the everlasting issue of trying to force both Gerrard and Lampard into the same midfield.

They are good, but just as Spain had to ditch Raul to improve as a team, I look forward to the day the golden generation are totally retired from the national team.

If only manager had the balls and the players the attitude to sit on the bench and do a job coming on

If you exclude the strikers, we're a decent side. We've just got such an uninspiring strike force these days.

Still struggle with an unbalanced midfield and the everlasting issue of trying to force both Gerrard and Lampard into the same midfield.

They are good, but just as Spain had to ditch Raul to improve as a team, I look forward to the day the golden generation are totally retired from the national team.

If only manager had the balls and the players the attitude to sit on the bench and do a job coming on

Aye. Which is why i said decent and not "great". Or even "good" ;)

I will watch the England V Scotland match because I am English and am proud. However to be honest both teams are rather average and I do not understand what all the fuss is about at all.

its oldest game in football and is a derby

I hope to see

Hart

Walker Cahill Jagielka Baines

Lampard Gerrard Wilshere

Walcott Lambert Zaha

Lampard and Gerrard in the same team?

It's never worked, it will never work, the sooner people stop trying it the better England will be as a team.

2 absolutely fantastic players, but just do not work together.

I'm really unsure on Zaha too. 

I hope to see

Hart

Walker Cahill Jagielka Baines

Lampard Gerrard Wilshere

Walcott Lambert Zaha

Lampard and Gerrard in the same team?

It's never worked, it will never work, the sooner people stop trying it the better England will be as a team.

2 absolutely fantastic players, but just do not work together.

I'm really unsure on Zaha too. 

Gerrard is the captain so he has to play and Lampard seems to pop up with goals for England more often than not (Spain, Ukraine, Brazil, Ireland.)

I'm sure they'll both retire from international football after the World Cup anyway so why not give it one last try?

Zaha is a better choice to start over Oxlade-Chamberlain who hardly ever plays for Arsenal.

Â