England vs Scotland

TRS-T

I don't want to turn this into a Heskey v Welbeck thread. But the only season in his career Heskey got more then 15 goals was 2000/2001. His next highest total was 14 in 2001/2002.

I stand by my statement 1 good season for Heskey. and a few average ones.

Silly criteria for a good season. He was very good for Leicester, it's as simple as that. This is an example of why using wikipedia to make arguments is a bad idea, completely devoid of context.

Yeah judging a striker on goals scored is a really silly criteria to use. :rolleyes:   98/99  9 goals in 40 appearances - amazing.

I don't want to turn this into a Heskey v Welbeck thread. But the only season in his career Heskey got more then 15 goals was 2000/2001. His next highest total was 14 in 2001/2002.

I stand by my statement 1 good season for Heskey. and a few average ones.

Silly criteria for a good season. He was very good for Leicester, it's as simple as that. This is an example of why using wikipedia to make arguments is a bad idea, completely devoid of context.

Yeah judging a striker on goals scored is a really silly criteria to use. :rolleyes:   98/99  9 goals in 40 appearances - amazing.

Very unlikely that you even watched him at that point so no point in this argument. He was one of the hottest prospects in English football and that was based on his performances, hence Liverpool spending a lot of money on him. 

Don't get me wrong, he was invariably a shit player for England but he most definitely had more than one good season in English football and was better than Wellbeck at the same stage in his career, 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Had a punt on Rooney to score a hat trick, I reckon he's gonna be desperate to prove a point tonight.

I recon he's going to stroll around and go through the motions before coming off at half time myself.
Also possible, it'll be one of the extremes.

looking like you are closer than me! :-)

I watched Heskey alot in his Leicester days. Anyway moving on................

I love the atmosphere I wish England and Scotland were in the same qualifying group. The 2 nations always seem to avoid eachother which is annoying.

Â