England vs Scotland

TRS-T

Welbeck is the new heskey. Picked for no good reason and contribution is minimal. Other than him that's a decent effort from woy.

Welbeck is much much better then Emile Ivanhoe.

Not at all. When Heskey was Wellbeck's age he was much better.

Thats a fair point actually. The one good season in Heskey's career was 2000/2001 when he was 22 and 23. That was the season he got 23 goals and Liverpool got the cup treble.Welbeck is now 22 and 23 in 3 months.  But that one season aside Welbeck is clearly better.

As for tonight, I am going for a 3-1 to England prediction.

Edited by Voinjama

Welbeck is the new heskey. Picked for no good reason and contribution is minimal. Other than him that's a decent effort from woy.

Welbeck is much much better then Emile Ivanhoe.

Not at all. When Heskey was Wellbeck's age he was much better.

Thats a fair point actually. The one good season in Heskey's career was 2000/2001 when he was 22 and 23. That was the season he got 23 goals and Liverpool got the cup treble.Welbeck is now 22 and 23 in 3 months.  But that one season aside Welbeck is clearly better.

As for tonight, I am going for a 3-1 to England prediction.

lol Heskey had way more than 'one good season' he was good throughout his time at Leicester. 

Wellbeck isn't clearly better at all. He's clearly shite that's about it. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

he wasn't always very good at it and it was usually a horrible tactic but at least you could see the point of heskey, gerrards goal vs the yanks in 2010 for example, that's all down to heskey

I still don't get what welbeck does, apparently he's athletic and good at moving in to space, he's already ruined w breaks tonight with poor passing, unsurprisingly seems to be playing anywhere he likes which isn't in a scoring position (same as rooney then), its just all a bit pointless

I don't want to turn this into a Heskey v Welbeck thread. But the only season in his career Heskey got more then 15 goals was 2000/2001. His next highest total was 14 in 2001/2002.

I stand by my statement 1 good season for Heskey. and a few average ones.

I don't want to turn this into a Heskey v Welbeck thread. But the only season in his career Heskey got more then 15 goals was 2000/2001. His next highest total was 14 in 2001/2002.

I stand by my statement 1 good season for Heskey. and a few average ones.

Silly criteria for a good season. He was very good for Leicester, it's as simple as that. This is an example of why using wikipedia to make arguments is a bad idea, completely devoid of context.

more evidence that joe hart is one of the most overrated keepers around, hes made plenty of errors like that over the last couple of years.   but i guess he plays for man city so he must be world class. 

• Like 1

Â