VillaGoMarching

Makes great viewing. 

Doesn't make great management though.

I thinks its a little like a wino drinking from a shoe in the street and shouting obscenities at people.

At first its amusing, then you feel sorry for them and then you just want them to shut up and go somewhere else.

• 3 weeks later...

Sherwood throwing another grenade, now saying Sandro isn't good enough! :D

I have to say I've enjoyed Sherwood's random outbursts, it's not like his record is that much inferior to AVB either.

On a general theme Sandro. Weren't Spurs fans hyping him up as an incredible midfielder a short while back? I know he;s had a couple of bad injuries but come on he's not the new Makelele or whatever.

That's the issue with Spurs, they just have so many midfielders and most are decent e.g they'd walk into our team (but then again so would people like Noble and Jedinak so not saying much) but I think bar potentially Erikesen, none are really world class.

I have to say I've enjoyed Sherwood's random outbursts, it's not like his record is that much inferior to AVB either.

On a general theme Sandro. Weren't Spurs fans hyping him up as an incredible midfielder a short while back? I know he;s had a couple of bad injuries but come on he's not the new Makelele or whatever.

That's the issue with Spurs, they just have so many midfielders and most are decent e.g they'd walk into our team (but then again so would people like Noble and Jedinak so not saying much) but I think bar potentially Erikesen, none are really world class.

It's not inferior, it's superior. He's only lost 4 Prem games! He's got the highest win percentage of any Spurs manager in Prem history. If the league started from when he took over, we'd be in 4th place! Yet virtually every football fan is somehow convinced Sherwood is doing a bad job, as if we are usually fighting for the title. Things can go downhill quickly and we still have 3 games to go, but up to now, Sherwood has done a very good job. His crime is that the vast majority of Spurs fans and football fans in general decided he was going to be a disaster right from the start. Football fans never like to admit they are wrong, so every good result we have gets totally ignored and when we lose it's seen as proof of Sherwood not being up to it. Spurs forums are an absolute joke at the moment as to read them you'd think he has taken us into the relegation zone, instead of having the best points per game of any of our Prem managers. To date he's left many of our fans looking pretty silly and they resent him big time for it. 

As for Sandro, he just doesn't even look close to being the player he was before his injury and shouldn't be in the squad. He was an immense DM, but now he's slower than Huddlestone. I think he will get back, but it often takes a season. 

It's not inferior, it's superior. He's only lost 4 Prem games! He's got the highest win percentage of any Spurs manager in Prem history. If the league started from when he took over, we'd be in 4th place! Yet virtually every football fan is somehow convinced Sherwood is doing a bad job, as if we are usually fighting for the title. Things can go downhill quickly and we still have 3 games to go, but up to now, Sherwood has done a very good job. His crime is that the vast majority of Spurs fans and football fans in general decided he was going to be a disaster right from the start. Football fans never like to admit they are wrong, so every good result we have gets totally ignored and when we lose it's seen as proof of Sherwood not being up to it. Spurs forums are an absolute joke at the moment as to read them you'd think he has taken us into the relegation zone, instead of having the best points per game of any of our Prem managers. To date he's left many of our fans looking pretty silly and they resent him big time for it. 

As for Sandro, he just doesn't even look close to being the player he was before his injury and shouldn't be in the squad. He was an immense DM, but now he's slower than Huddlestone. I think he will get back, but it often takes a season. 

I think that is pretty much Spurs fans in a nutshell though isn't it? Present company excepted of course ;)

Sherwood hasn't done a very good job.

He's done OK. But certainly not "very good". He's got some half decent results but his team have been humiliated several times.

And on top of his performance he's a total moron.

I can't believe his comments at the Liverpool game went so unnoticed by the media.

When he sat in the stands and said he sat there because he didn't think he could effect the game.

Imagine if AVB did and said that?

Edited by Stevo985

And Sherwood's lost 4-0 to Liverpool, 4-0 to chelsea, and 5-1 to City.

Not saying AVB was great. But he was turned on by the media whereas Sherwood hasn't been treated as harshly, imo

Sandro was a very good player, indeed one of the best enforcers in the Premier League not long ago. And certainly a much better than Tim Sherwood ever was! What happened to Sandro, I don't know, I understand there were some family issues and so forth. We sometimes forget how problems inflict on form and ability.

I read some stat last week that Tottenham have been much worse off since firing AVB.

If they win their remaining games they finish on 72 points. Which is what AVB managed last year with a certain Mr Bale.

Not saying AVB was great. But he was turned on by the media whereas Sherwood hasn't been treated as harshly, imo

Really? Look on most forums and people think Sherwood is a joke.

Really the records are very similar. Surely Sherwood should be credited for getting Adebayor back into things when AVB completely froze him out?

Really? Look on most forums and people think Sherwood is a joke.

Really the records are very similar. Surely Sherwood should be credited for getting Adebayor back into things when AVB completely froze him out?

I was talking about the media.

The forums are right, he is a joke.

He is an absolute moron.

Sherwood said that he recommended Eriksen to Spurs when he "saw him play at Wembley when he was 17".

Eriksen: "I've never played at Wembley".

Complete and utter berk.

• Like 3

They've definitely improved with him, especially considering he didn't have £100m to spend on players he wanted either like AVB. But I agree he's an idiot. Not sure he's cut out for management at this kind of level.

Â