VillaGoMarching

He could work but it's unlikely. Why? The prem is the cream of the crop, for players, managers, etc. you have to be really good at what you do to succeed. Maybe Sherwood is that good, but it's unlikely for most clubs that you have a really good manager already at the club in another capacity, and it's probably better to go for someone who's already proven that they're a good manager somewhere.

I think Sherwood's interviews have got him the job. He's almost fooled them into giving it to him. They should of said you've got the next 5 games to prove yourself. Won one lost one so far.

Its quite funny as after the west game game my mates were saying there's no way he should get the job. Then after Southampton they were saying give him the job. Now they just don't know what to think!

Makes sense to me. After the world cup there will be plenty of managers looking for a job. Also, if they do want Laudrup but he's refusing to leave Swansea til the end of the season, they need a temp manager to see them through to that point. 

• Like 1

Makes sense to me. After the world cup there will be plenty of managers looking for a job. Also, if they do want Laudrup but he's refusing to leave Swansea til the end of the season, they need a temp manager to see them through to that point. 

Yes, it makes sense because there are no good managers to choose from now but in 6-8 months time there will be loads.

They have given him an 18 month contract though. This means he will just get a 1 year pay out 'golden handshake' when they sack him in the summer? Seems a bit odd but perhaps he would not have accepted a 6 month deal.

Yes, it makes sense because there are no good managers to choose from now but in 6-8 months time there will be loads.

They have given him an 18 month contract though. This means he will just get a 1 year pay out 'golden handshake' when they sack him in the summer? Seems a bit odd but perhaps he would not have accepted a 6 month deal.

Because they need to show stability.

While we should be applauding the fact that Spurs have given a young Englishman the job, I just can't help but dislike Sherwood. He seems like a right word removed. 

• Like 1

They won't make the champions league with Tim Sherwood there, they'll drop points soon enough if them losing 2-1 to West Ham in the cup is anything to go by.

Sherwood stating his undying love for Spurs is also amusing me. When I think of Sherwood's football career I don't think of anything he did at Spurs (although from memory he did score a good goal at VP once?) but of him lifting the prem trophy at Anfield for Blackburn.

I assume you remember that Rovers? ;)

I think it's more likely they've already got their manager, but it's someone at another club (ie. Ajax) and he wants to see out the remainder of the season there. 

I heard it was a 6 month contract, but even if it's 18, it'll be at a wage which Levy will just write off the additional 12. 

Edited by Qwpzxjor1

He can't lose, has some great player's and their in a decent position in the league. I reckon he needs to drop donkey Dawson and get edebyor in the team and he should be top 8, but not top 4.........what happens then is the question

Edited by tinker

I was thinking about the Boxing Day matches the other day.

People go 'home' (i.e. back to their home town) for the Christmas break so regional teams, like Hull for instance, get a bumper crowd in that day. Meanwhile inner London round my way has been deserted all week. The London teams would probably see the reverse effect and have lower numbers on Boxing Day.

Spurs attendance was 35k so you're talking an empty seat here and there rather than blocks of empty seats.

I can't stand Spurs but they're one of the few London clubs who could regularly fill a 50k stadium imo. I think they have a bigger fanbase than Chelsea but Chelsea's ridiculous success over the last 15 years has distorted that.

• Like 1

Â