VillaGoMarching

I wouldn't mind a DOF if it meant signing players like Modric and Bale ;)

2 out of how many 50. Even O'Neill had a strike rate that good plus its not like they were nobodies when they were signed

Edited by Zatman

the manager of Premier League teams changes, on average, every 11 months. the Director of Football provides a necessary continuity.

if a DOF picks 90% of the transfers you don't get the problem where the next manager has to come in and bring in his own players for his own style. which gets prohibitively expensive if you need to do that every 11 months.

the club should choose the next manager based on the players they have and the style of football they play.

fact is, our club may be well-run but it hasn't got a clue about football, which is why we have left that side of things entirely up to the manager for so long, and all the team can manage is hoofball.

• Like 3

Some of my friends had boycotted home games while Sherwood was there.  They only attended on Sunday to meet up with me.

I told them that I am struggling to find any sympathy for their plight.  Anyway, they should be happy now.

What? Just because they didn't like his name?

Well yeah I did say "oh boo hoo, must be tough being 6th".

I think they genuinely hate the guy as person though, much in the vein that some people on here said they'd boycott Villa games if we signed Barton a while back.

former player

blooded youth players

got moody striker playing well

got Eriksen playing well

highest win percentage of any Spurs manager in Premier League

played attacking football

don't know why the fans didn't like him, what I heard is a lot of fans were angry at Levy instead of Sherwood

Sherwood got Adebayor palying well, trusted youth and had a good win percentage. I wouldn't actually mind him here when look at facts

as for Spurs I have said for ages their biggest problem is the ego Levy who is in love with a Director of Football approach that is practically shit

So shit that pretty much every country other than England has most clubs employing them?

• Like 1

Sherwood got Adebayor palying well, trusted youth and had a good win percentage. I wouldn't actually mind him here when look at facts

as for Spurs I have said for ages their biggest problem is the ego Levy who is in love with a Director of Football approach that is practically shit

So shit that pretty much every country other than England has most clubs employing them?

im not saying the concept is shit its the fact Levy has no idea what he is doing and has hired shit Director of Footballs (Pleat, Comolli and baldini) and the fact it has failed for him so much that he keeps reverting back to it.

no coincidence his best manager in charge didn't have one

im not saying the concept is shit its the fact Levy has no idea what he is doing and has hired shit Director of Footballs (Pleat, Comolli and baldini) and the fact it has failed for him so much that he keeps reverting back to it.

no coincidence his best manager in charge didn't have one

I would have liked Villa to have failed in the same way Tottenham has over the last five seasons.

What did Tim do to become disliked though? Joey Barton has a whole catalogue of reasons why people wouldn't like him.

He just comes across as a right bellend, don't you think?

Joey Barton is a thug, Sherwood is just a tit.

What did Tim do to become disliked though? Joey Barton has a whole catalogue of reasons why people wouldn't like him.

As Rob182 said, he comes across as bellend, and to me he reminds me too much of DOL, and we know how well that went.

I'd prefer to have a Director of Football. The idea of a manager doing everything is outdated.

True, and it guarantees a bit more continence if the manager leaves.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't see it, Chelsea and Man. United are locked in the top 4 spots, Arsenal might aswell be given the leads Spurs have blown against them in recent seasons and if Man. United can have a good start to the season I don't see how Spurs will keep up with them.

The football will be better but it's difficult to see what Levy wants given he sacked Redknapp when he delievered two top 4 finishes in his three seasons there.

Yep, definitely is. Personally I liked Sherwood a bit from what I saw of him but my bet is that most of their fans are just disappointed in how this whole season went. He also had some big losses like avb. I don't think they really loved that Bentaleb got so much playing either, but that's a guess.

Â