VillaGoMarching

Arsenal / Arteta have made things worse for Spurs.

They'll keep sacking managers, moaning, groaning and under investing until they get really lucky with an Arteta like manager who can take them from 4-6th to title challengers. That's what Arsenal have done since the invincibles (including forcing Wenger out).

On 27/03/2023 at 07:43, jimmygreaves said:

Take Kane out of that side and they're a mid table club.

This is the fear. 

I'm not sure what Spurs actually want, or what they consider success.   They had a couple of great years under Pochettino when the usual suspects were all having 'transitional' seasons,  Klopp's Liverpool weren't quite there yet, Manchester City still hadn't gone full Guardiola, Chelsea had one season where they finished mid table and Manchester United were in their full on meme years phase.  There was a window for another club without ludicrous resources to make hay and Spurs were that club but the season where they thought they should  have won the league they finished 3rd with 70 points. In years to come they'll look at this era as one of success, they had some of the best players in the club's history (Kane has done enough to have a statue built outside the stadium) and were constantly qualifying for Europe.  They might have won a cup here and there so they won't be remembered like Keegan's Newcastle as one of the best teams who never won anything but it's weird how the team have been in the top four for a lot of the last decade and yet the fans are all miserable.   Kane isn't going to be around forever, whether they lose him in the transfer window this summer or just to father time in 3 or 4 years, and it's going to be interesting to see whether it was him carrying the club on his back all along.   

• Like 2

Just now, villa89 said:

Source? From what I know they are very close and their families even go on holidays together 

Never heard that either.  Only thing i've heard is that Poch is desperate to get back to Spurs.

3 hours ago, The_Rev said:

This is the fear. 

I'm not sure what Spurs actually want, or what they consider success.   They had a couple of great years under Pochettino when the usual suspects were all having 'transitional' seasons,  Klopp's Liverpool weren't quite there yet, Manchester City still hadn't gone full Guardiola, Chelsea had one season where they finished mid table and Manchester United were in their full on meme years phase.  There was a window for another club without ludicrous resources to make hay and Spurs were that club but the season where they thought they should  have won the league they finished 3rd with 70 points. In years to come they'll look at this era as one of success, they had some of the best players in the club's history (Kane has done enough to have a statue built outside the stadium) and were constantly qualifying for Europe.  They might have won a cup here and there so they won't be remembered like Keegan's Newcastle as one of the best teams who never won anything but it's weird how the team have been in the top four for a lot of the last decade and yet the fans are all miserable.   Kane isn't going to be around forever, whether they lose him in the transfer window this summer or just to father time in 3 or 4 years, and it's going to be interesting to see whether it was him carrying the club on his back all along.   

Though if they get £100m for Kane and a manager who spends it wisely, then £100m could really improve the team.  

Of course, they could just waste it like Villa did!

Edited by ender4

9 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Though if they get £100m for Kane and a manager who spends it wisely, then £100m could really improve the team.  

I mean the last time they had a huge sale (Bale); they did waste the money spectacularly. 

8 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

I doubt that very much. I don't know why people think this? Pochetino and Levy can't stand each other.

Hmm i don't think levy wants poch otherwise he would appoint him now.  I think they want nagelsmann.

Have to be honest thats a huge gamble. He is a young boss that struggled to managed older egos at munich. Spurs is much worse he couls find managing those egos veey difficult 

11 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hmm i don't think levy wants poch otherwise he would appoint him now.  I think they want nagelsmann.

Have to be honest thats a huge gamble. He is a young boss that struggled to managed older egos at munich. Spurs is much worse he couls find managing those egos veey difficult 

Mm that's really not true. Spurs players are crybabies not egotists

Big difference between managing Manuel Neuer and Thomas Muller than managing Bissouma and Dier

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Mm that's really not true. Spurs players are crybabies not egotists

Big difference between managing Manuel Neuer and Thomas Muller than managing Bissouma and Dier

Crybabies tend to have egos 😂

17 hours ago, The_Rev said:

This is the fear. 

They actually haven't won a cup here and there under Poch. Their last trophy was in 2008, when Harry Kane was still 14. That team from 2015-18 should definitely be remembered in the same vein as Keegan's Newcastle. I still maintain that the 2016/17 team that finished 2nd (ironically to Conte's Chelsea) are the best team I've watched never win anything. The PL's best ever runners up. A fitting title for Spurs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

They actually haven't won a cup here and there under Poch. Their last trophy was in 2008, when Harry Kane was still 14. That team from 2015-18 should definitely be remembered in the same vein as Keegan's Newcastle. I still maintain that the 2016/17 team that finished 2nd (ironically to Conte's Chelsea) are the best team I've watched never win anything. The PL's best ever runners up. A fitting title for Spurs.

Just to clarify I didn’t say they’d won anything, I implied they needed to or they’d just be another Keegan’s Newcastle. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ender4 said:

They'd need 100m just to replace Kane with Son declining.

They tried that method a decade ago when they sold Bale for a world record fee and it took them two years to do anything.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

They'd need 100m just to replace Kane with Son declining.

They tried that method a decade ago when they sold Bale for a world record fee and it took them two years to do anything.

Lamela and Eriksen were the only ones to go on to do anything of note for them of the players bought with the Bale money. There were some right stinkers in there like Vlad Chiriches.

Just now, Keyblade said:

Lamela and Eriksen were the only ones to go on to do anything of note for them of the players bought with the Bale money. There were some right stinkers in there like Vlad Chiriches.

Soldado, Paulinho and Etienne Capoue were others signed that summer.

Â