VillaGoMarching

Mason and Dier as a first choice midfield is shocking.

Mason in particular is crap.

Crap in terms of fighting for top 4. But better than what we have in midfield. 

Crap in terms of PL.

Disagree hugely.

Gueye is far better than both.

Anybody who could say that Ryan **** Mason is better than Gueye is no Villa fan  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:

Edited by StefanAVFC

trying to save a pay off with Adebeyor, rumours he wanted 5 million to leave Spurs, I'm sure with wages and a loyalty fee Adebeyors remaining contract will cost Spurs double that.

Ade is taking the piss. 5m is the total amount we have to pay him if he runs out his contract. He want full payment from Spurs and then be allowed to take money on top of that from New club. Might as well let him sit out the season, Not any financial difference. By the grace of God, Ade will be provided for. Changed his faith to islam but takes advice from a christian pastor in search of signs from God about his career choices

It's all relative though.  It could be argued that United have also taken a step backwards.  So the bar for CL might be a bit lower this season.  Which rather scarily means a Benteke-strengthened Liverpool might benefit.  It's not about how strong you are compared to how strong you were.  It's about how strong you are now compared to your rivals.

• Like 1

Could have bigger names there as we've let Internationals go. Pochettino feel we get better performances from the younger upcoming options we're left with.

Defence needed more protection from last season. Surprise to most Spurs fans that Dier in midfield was his solution, but it seem to work. Creativity is let to the player ahead of him in Eriksen

Crap in terms of PL.

Disagree hugely.

Anybody who could say that Ryan **** Mason is better than Gueye is no Villa fan  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:  :crylaugh:

Oh shit, the great you're not a blind homer, therefore you're not a fan comeback. Brilliant.

Edit : We're the bestest.

I think they are going to struggle massively this season. They are noway near getting champions league now.the dreams over for them

What's the definition of struggle though? If the expectation is top 4 challenge then sure it will be a tough season. We've taken a step back to rebuild. But the dream now is the move to our new stadium and that has to be paid for.

If we had signed another Paulinho and Soldado then we'd look like winners this Window. Dosent always work out well

Think Tottenham are a striker and a midfielder short after the window, CM is quite weak and I think Kane will struggle big time this season so another striker was needed.

That's what every spurs fan wanted as well. We're clearly short up front.

My only concern about Kane is if he'll stay fit . Will probably pickup injury on England duty. What then?

First choice line up though is a 20 goal striker supported by three 10 goal players

Edited by rosenthal

Crap in terms of PL.

Disagree hugely.

Oh shit, the great you're not a blind homer, therefore you're not a fan comeback. Brilliant.

Edit : We're the bestest.

Blind homer?

Nah, I just detest Ryan Mason and every Villa fan should after the Spurs home game last season.

Could have bigger names there as we've let Internationals go. Pochettino feel we get better performances from the younger upcoming options we're left with.

Defence needed more protection from last season. Surprise to most Spurs fans that Dier in midfield was his solution, but it seem to work. Creativity is let to the player ahead of him in Eriksen

I wonder why this is. Is it because they are better, or because Pochettino just can't coach a group of experienced internationals (or at least trust in his own ability to do so)? He always seems to want to have "his type of players" before his allegedly brilliant style can come into fruition. I get it, it's good to cultivate young talent but you have to draw the line somewhere, ie: Ryan ***** Mason.

This is Ryan Mason England International we're talking about.  I'm not for a second suggesting he deserves to be, because that's more a reflection of what's available to Woy.  But we might be doing that thing where we judge someone else's player from a position of relative ignorance because we simply don't watch as much Spurs as we do our own club.  Everyone does it and it's natural that we not know as much about our fellow Premier League members.  But he might not be as shit as we think, is all.

• Like 1

I try not to watch Spurs when I can help it as they remain one of the most detestable clubs in England.

But all I know is Ryan Mason is a horrible little word removed. So I'm happy to side with Stefan whilst fully admitting I'm ignorant to his actual ability.

This is Ryan Mason England International we're talking about.  I'm not for a second suggesting he deserves to be, because that's more a reflection of what's available to Woy.  But we might be doing that thing where we judge someone else's player from a position of relative ignorance because we simply don't watch as much Spurs as we do our own club.  Everyone does it and it's natural that we not know as much about our fellow Premier League members.  But he might not be as shit as we think, is all.

Otherwise known as, to Liverpool fans at least, The Benteke syndrome 

Crazy talk from those who say Villa have the stronger squad. Lot of clubs have strenghten and gap might have closed in, But it's still there

No-ones really said that though, just that our first XI's are a lot closer now. Honestly, out of the team Tottenham started v Everton, I'd only definitely take Lloris, Vertonghen and Alderweireld, possibly Kane, though that's more because I don't really know how Ayew and Gestede will adapt to the league and I think Kane is overrated/one-season wonder. Of the rest of their squad, obviously I'd take Eriksen in a heartbeat, the rest I'm not so sure would get into our best squad. Lamela and Chadli possibly, though I'd rather see Adama, Gil or Grealish playing if I'm honest. Son may get into our squad, but like Ayew/Gestede, it's still to be seen how well he'll adapt.

As a squad though, yeah Tottenham have much better strength in depth, and that's why they will probably finish between 10th-6th, whilst we'll probably be 11th at the very highest.

I watch pretty much every Spurs game with my brother who's a fan so I'm all too familiar with Mason. I'm not exaggerating when I say he's awful. Bentaleb is good though and has potential and is twice the footballer Mason is, but for where Spurs want to be (maybe I'm overestimating their ambition) I don't think he's good enough. Drop him in a midfield with Mason and a CB and it is a pretty bad midfield tbh.

Â