VillaGoMarching

Why give a man that much money and then sack him 3 months later - ridiculous. Their points per game ratio after 16 games is their 3rd best in premiership history. So despite those 3 bad results, they're not doing that badly.

Agreed. It strikes me as an odd decision, though Spurs have a director of football model so I doubt all those signings were AVB's, which might explain why the signed Soldado when he clearly doesn't fit into the system they are trying to employ.  

AVB has got the media against him, a lot of that might be because he constantly comes across as being very rude and a bit of a prick but Harry's mates in the press have had it in for him since the day he took the job. 

Why give a man that much money and then sack him 3 months later - ridiculous. Their points per game ratio after 16 games is their 3rd best in premiership history. So despite those 3 bad results, they're not doing that badly.

Agreed. It strikes me as an odd decision, though Spurs have a director of football model so I doubt all those signings were AVB's, which might explain why the signed Soldado when he clearly doesn't fit into the system they are trying to employ.  

AVB has got the media against him, a lot of that might be because he constantly comes across as being very rude and a bit of a prick but Harry's mates in the press have had it in for him since the day he took the job. 

I think its a combination of performances, results and the 5-0 home defeat was the final straw! Had to go imo

Was AVB ever a good appointment? Yes, it's easy to say this now but he'd already failed in the Premier League.

Was he that bad? I'm not entirely sure.

They're 5 points off fourth, and I read somewhere that this season has been their best start to a PL season points-wise...?

cant see them going for Clark. Maybe Benitez or De Mateo. Of course they may just have interim manager until one becomes available. Bad decision to get rid of Harry i think. Excuse the pun but AVB was Baled out last season. 

Was AVB ever a good appointment? Yes, it's easy to say this now but he'd already failed in the Premier League.

They're 5 points off fourth, and I read somewhere that this season has been their best start to a PL season points-wise...?

yes but if you wait too long they might be 10 or 12 points off 4th and out of the champions league race.

Edited by PaulC

It's a little early to sack him but they seem to be going backwards. The money they've spent to not score goals and now they can't stop conceding.

They might have avoided this if they'd bought a certain striker in the summer.

Its the goals that did for him.  Its nothing short of surprising how little they score considering the talent they have!

Its also a testament to how far they have come that they have sacked the manager because they have fallen out of the title race.

Â