VillaGoMarching

They've definitely got a better squad then last season. If arsenal don't sign anyone then I fully expect spurs to finish 4th.

Anything less would be shocking after spending that much.

Transfer fees and wages don't equal success, look at QPR last Jan just one of many examples
You could of picked a better example than QPR. What spurs have done and what QPR did are completely different.
No, I picked QPR because they spent a fortune on a collection of players in one window and most people thought, well done, you'll start rising up the league. But in reality it made very little change, in fact they probably got worse for the reasons as said above. If they don't gel or have other issues behind the scenes ( like disparity of wages, people becoming disruptive because they aren't getting a game etc).

Spurs have done the easy part and spent a fortune, can they make them work as a unit? Keep the entire squad happy? Time will tell, but as I said, just because they've blown a huge wedge doesn't mean they'll be better off.

• Like 1

They really should've been able to beat Arsenal today. Capoue could be a big blow too, looks very serious. They didn't seem to have the same unity as Arsenal, it'll probably come when the team gels. It's all well and good beating Palace and Swansea via penalties and thrashing poor European sides but if they want to be as good as some hype them up to be, they need to beat teams like Arsenal who will be around them come May.

No open goals in the season so far, 270 minutes and counting. I've found it comical after the fact that people and experts expected a top 4 place a certainty and a possible push for the title. The players that they have bought have no history of been proven in the premier league and to be honest I hadn't really heard a huge amount about them previously, other than their names sound nice, but then again dos Santos had a nice name! They've let experienced and proven players go and brought in expensive 'names', and after the first three games none of their names have stood out. Soldado is good at penalties but not much else, haven't seen great movement from him, isn't that imposing on the ball and not particularly creative, it's early to say but £26,000,000 seems a lot for that sort of player, reminds me a bit of Santa Cruz. They don't seem potent going forwards either, they move the ball very slowly through midfield, and although the new midfields are comfortable on the ball they don't look creative to me. Early days but I prefer the look of both Liverpool and Arsenal. Sold their most prized asset (soon will) and haven't got anyone other than a few above average foreign names. That's my early assessment of them anyway

• Like 1

Spurs could do with some more wingers who keep their heads down, cut in and shoot every time they have the ball. 

When was it officially decided this was a genius strategy anyway? Sure, Ronaldo makes it look easy but that's largely because he's Cristiano Ronaldo. I'd much rather have a winger who will take on his full-back like Navas.

• Like 1

No open goals in the season so far, 270 minutes and counting. I've found it comical after the fact that people and experts expected a top 4 place a certainty and a possible push for the title. The players that they have bought have no history of been proven in the premier league and to be honest I hadn't really heard a huge amount about them previously, other than their names sound nice, but then again dos Santos had a nice name! They've let experienced and proven players go and brought in expensive 'names', and after the first three games none of their names have stood out. Soldado is good at penalties but not much else, haven't seen great movement from him, isn't that imposing on the ball and not particularly creative, it's early to say but £26,000,000 seems a lot for that sort of player, reminds me a bit of Santa Cruz. They don't seem potent going forwards either, they move the ball very slowly through midfield, and although the new midfields are comfortable on the ball they don't look creative to me. Early days but I prefer the look of both Liverpool and Arsenal. Sold their most prized asset (soon will) and haven't got anyone other than a few above average foreign names. That's my early assessment of them anyway

Safe to say that they would've been better off offering us £26,000,000 for Benteke. Thankfully they didn't.

As Carragher just said, they've basically bought another Defoe type player when really they need somebody who can get involved, move around and link play with their other attacking wingers/forwards.

Edited by samjp26

Well you can see why they've bought Eriksen. Soldado is completely wasted if you don't try and slip some balls through to him. I'm amazed how selfish their wingers have been the two games I've seen them, especially Chadli, what a selfish player he looks, he'd get away with it if he could shoot well but it doesn't look like he can. 

Edited by KennyPowers

Why did they not just pay the money for Benteke?

Imagine him in that team.

He is a far better player than Soldado, he's a completely different player too. Do managers go for players who compliment their style of management or just buy anyone, as I guess he wanted one or the other, but they are totally different. Or maybe Soldado is so inferior it just appears he's a different type of striker, he doesn't seem to have the ability and/or strength to play as the lone striker from what I've seen. Looks like Spurs have been Sold-a-Dodo so far.

Edited by villaguy

Â