VillaGoMarching

Isn't that what people say about Arsenal every season? Yet Wenger still keeps them ahead of Spurs with a much smaller spend. 

About £30m a year more if you count the true spend which is on wages!

But don't they earn that from being in the Champions League?

Isn't that what people say about Arsenal every season? Yet Wenger still keeps them ahead of Spurs with a much smaller spend. 

Your wage bill must have gone through the roof this summer. 

Reduced I believe.

Since last time the accounts were published we've removed from the wage bill: Hudd, Dempsey, Parker, Gallas, Bentley, Bale, Corluka, Pienaar, Bassong, VdV, Modric, Jenas.

Equivalent added: Vetonghen, Gylfi, Dempsey, Soldado, Lamela, Paulinho, Capoue 

Reduced I believe.

Since last time the accounts were published we've removed from the wage bill: Hudd, Dempsey, Parker, Gallas, Bentley, Bale, Corluka, Pienaar, Bassong, VdV, Modric, Jenas.

End of the financial year is April mate, so any signings after April this year are what will affect the accounts released next year (if that makes sense)

I imagine your wage bill for the financial year ending 2013 was huge!

Edited by samjp26

Tough draw for Spurs in the league cup.

Send the kids out. Should be enough to do them!!! (Joking!!)

Reduced I believe.

End of the financial year is April mate, so any signings after April this year are what will affect the accounts released next year (if that makes sense)

That's what my post reflects!

I hate spurs more than most other teams but you have to give them credit.

They spent money wisely and signed some highly rated players for decent money. The important thing is they've sold good players and reinvested the money properly. They've got lucky that a team that clearly can throw ridiculous money around has chosen one of their players but this summer they've shown the ambition that they have.

From Sky Sports' website...

humanleague87 says

August 29, 2013 10:33am

You were working as a left back in a none winning side...When I met you. Harry picked you out, he shook you up, And turned you around, Turned you into someone new. Now four years later on you've got the world at your feet. ¿Cos Maicon made it easy for you. But don't forget it's AVB who put you where you are now, And he can stop this deal going through. Don't, Don't you be a plumb! ¿ Get yourself back into training, till your transfer is completed. Don't, Don't you be a plumb! ¿ We know you want to leave, to the bench where you¿ll be seated. You deserve a fine, Your dress sense is a crime. Now we¿ve signed Lamela we can all be happy!

• Like 3

BS1LE_DIMAAqQY8.jpg

That highlights that they have too many midfielders and not enough defenders. That back up back 4 looks awful (for them). Having said that I've never heard of Fryers or Chiriches.

Holtby must be pissed off now though, right? Was signing on a free and spurs push the transfer through early in Jan, now they sign 5/6 players that'll probably be ahead of him. Tottenham have a good team but I imagine the squad harmony won't be fantastic with all those midfielders competing for 3/5 places. Same as at Chelsea, I can see disharmony ruining what should be a great season for them.

Well it shows they've a pretty strong squad as much as we love picking holes in it. I'll reserve judgement on their defence until Tuesday morning because when Bale goes I wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or 2 join their defensive ranks.

Â