VillaGoMarching

Does add fuel to the rumour Ronaldo is off, maybe to utd which will be where a lot of the Bale fee is coming from.

It's a nonsense story created by the daily star.

Regarding Bale, I like him.. I like him alot the fee is huge but to be honest if it means seeing Bale and Ronaldo in one team week in week out and if he performs to the ability he can do and better (with better players around him) he will be a success in my opinion.

As Zidane said he is the player that can make the difference.. you can have strikers etc scoring goals but Bale really seems the "decisive" player, scores when it really matters.

Big games wise let's be honest he is untested the only "big" game I can think of that he has been in is the Inter game and in that game he got 3 goals.

regarding hounding Gareth out during Illarramendi's presentation the fans were constantly chanting for Bale so really I don't see that either.

Big games wise let's be honest he is untested the only "big" game I can think of that he has been in is the Inter game and in that game he got 3 goals.

in fairness that Inter game was not really a great indicator as they were 4-0 up and took their foot off the gear

Zeki Fryers and Livermore is their centre back partnership against Falcao tonight! 

Anyway surprised they're selling Dempsey who was pretty much a regular for them last year and can chip in with goals.

Obviously Adebayor's going to go so I assume that leaves them with Soldado and Defoe as out-and-out strikers, bit light no?

• Like 1

I still find it odd that they've found the money for two midfielders, overspent on Soldado but wouldn't pay for Benteke. They need two more strikers - Defoe is getting on and will move on, Adebayor isn't bothered and Dempsey is off to Seattle.

If bale goes then it's a bad move for the PL, we need star players to keep the money in the game, he is the star player in the PL.

As a player he is one of the best, I would prefer a level headed Suarez and that's where half the money would go if I was in charge of Spurs, the other half would go on Benteke, lets just hope that's not the plan ay.

Levy is the star at spurs, make no mistakes about that, how long he will stay there is more iimportant to Spurs than Bale going.

UEFA fair play rules are a joke on the smaller clubs. Real Madrid are taking the piss out of us all through UEFA handcuffs.

If bale goes then it's a bad move for the PL, we need star players to keep the money in the game, he is the star player in the PL.

As a player he is one of the best, I would prefer a level headed Suarez and that's where half the money would go if I was in charge of Spurs, the other half would go on Benteke, lets just hope that's not the plan ay.

Levy is the star at spurs, make no mistakes about that, how long he will stay there is more iimportant to Spurs than Bale going.

UEFA fair play rules are a joke on the smaller clubs. Real Madrid are taking the piss out of us all through UEFA handcuffs.

They won't be buying Benteke. 

I think the Bale saga has masked quite a few problems for them to be honest. 

No center backs, poor strike force (unless Soldado has a fantastic season on his own up top).

I don't know why they want/need so many midfielders.

If/when Bale goes, they need to reinvest that ridiculous amount of money on some solid defenders and at least one more striker. God knows why they wanted to get rid of Caulker.

Edited by samjp26

Surprised Dempsey has gone back to MLS...he didn't live up to expectations at Spurs, but he's still relatively young, and good enough to play for most clubs in the Premier League...and you'd think he could play for a club that would pay him more than Seattle...

I think the Bale saga has masked quite a few problems for them to be honest. 

No center backs, poor strike force (unless Soldado has a fantastic season on his own up top).

I don't know why they want/need so many midfielders.

If/when Bale goes, they need to reinvest that ridiculous amount of money on some solid defenders and at least one more striker. God knows why they wanted to get rid of Caulker.

No centerbacks is a bit off, many Spurs supporters rate Kaboul as their best CB and he'll be back along with Vertonghen who's one of the best in the premier league. Throw in Dawson and that's not really bad. As for the midfield, its about quality. Yes they had/have a lot of midfielders, but many of them weren't that good. Paulinho will immediately make it better. And with the strike force, AVB always plays with one striker, so Soldado can conceivably play most games up top at least in the Premier League and they can use Defoe for the Europa League. If Soldado gets hurt, then yes thats an issue, but the rumor is they want Morata as a part exchange for Bale so that would be the perfect cover, as they could give him a year or two of playing spot starts and subs before taking over full time.

Still should've gone for Benteke though.

Â