VillaGoMarching

Agreed Dem, for a CB who is that young, and has proved he can play in the PL, i think this is slightly under value. Good signing all round from Cardiff, I reckon a lot of managers would've wanted him, but didn't think it would be possible.

Edited by djamfisher

Phil Jones - approx. £16.5 million

Chris Smalling - approx £12 million (with add ons)

Caulker - approx £8 million

I think Cardiff have got a fair price and I think they've got a better deal than Tottenham here.

As a friend of mine said.  Good business all-round.  Spurs get rid of a defender not quite good enough for them and Cardiff get a player too good for them.

I think he could've done a job for Spurs this season but he was seemingly told he was not starting 11 so he asked to move.

He's a 21 year old full England international and I'd have him starting for Spurs instead of Dawson.  So I would have had him in that price bracket.  I don't put it down to Levy :)  I do think it's the top of his value though.

• Like 1

He's a 21 year old full England international and I'd have him starting for Spurs instead of Dawson.  So I would have had him in that price bracket.  I don't put it down to Levy :)  I do think it's the top of his value though.

Which is exactly why we have moved away from the English market.

I agree LondonLax, I largely agree with the views of Tartaruga.

I'm sure Benteke or his agent were tapped up but then I'm sure we do plenty of it ourselves. That is football.

I also agree regarding Levy, although he has made mistakes and I think he made a big one not landing Benteke in favour of Solado or whatever his name is. We shall see.

I don't actually dislike Spurs as a club, I think they are a decent club who generally conduct themselves well. There are certainly some clubs out there I find far more objectionable such as Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool to name just 3.

I do though find quite a lot of Spurs fans to be quite irritating though and with ideas a little above their station, some of the views expressed by them during the pursuit of Benteke really were more than a little patronising and arrogant. There is therefore an element of karma involved but less so in terms of the club itself.

I should add I don't include TartarugaJones in the above by the way.

I had a debate along these lines with a friend of mine the other day, the fans ARE the club. Owners, managers, players, the tea lady, these people come and go. The fans are always there, from birth till death and beyond through their spawn.

Which makes Tottenham Horspur arrogant, condescending, patronising twazzocks. Always have been, always will be. It is what it is.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

Chico 2M and Caulker 8M, there is something wrong with the English market.

A lot of managers are willing to pay a premium to get a player with Premier League experience. Other managers are more willing to take a risk from abroad. 

A lot of managers are willing to pay a premium to get a player with Premier League experience

in fairness these lazy managers are starting to die out. at the moment its only really the newly promoted teams who are buying these expensive home grown players this summer

Chico 2M and Caulker 8M, there is something wrong with the English market.

A lot of managers are willing to pay a premium to get a player with Premier League experience. Other managers are more willing to take a risk from abroad. 

A lot of managers are awful at their job then. If a manager cant spot that Chico has the talent to play in the Premier League and could be bought at a cheaper price then he has the wrong job. Many here overrate PL-experience IMO.

I agree LondonLax, I largely agree with the views of Tartaruga.

I'm sure Benteke or his agent were tapped up but then I'm sure we do plenty of it ourselves. That is football.

I also agree regarding Levy, although he has made mistakes and I think he made a big one not landing Benteke in favour of Solado or whatever his name is. We shall see.

I don't actually dislike Spurs as a club, I think they are a decent club who generally conduct themselves well. There are certainly some clubs out there I find far more objectionable such as Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool to name just 3.

I do though find quite a lot of Spurs fans to be quite irritating though and with ideas a little above their station, some of the views expressed by them during the pursuit of Benteke really were more than a little patronising and arrogant. There is therefore an element of karma involved but less so in terms of the club itself.

I should add I don't include TartarugaJones in the above by the way.

I had a debate along these lines with a friend of mine the other day, the fans ARE the club. Owners, managers, players, the tea lady, these people come and go. The fans are always there, from birth till death and beyond through their spawn.

Which makes Tottenham Horspur arrogant, condescending, patronising twazzocks. Always have been, always will be. It is what it is.

No offence intended but I think that is nonsense to be honest.

Lloris, Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Verthongen , Paulinho, Dembele, Sandro, Lennon, Soldado, Chadli. Top 4 team.

Dawson and Kaboul as your CBs is equivalent to Zat Knight and Carlos Cuellar.

Average at best.

Dawson is right up there with Steven Taylor as massively overrated defenders.

A lot of managers are willing to pay a premium to get a player with Premier League experience

in fairness these lazy managers are starting to die out. at the moment its only really the newly promoted teams who are buying these expensive home grown players this summer

You can at least see the thinking from a promoted clubs point of view. They have very few players who have event visited most of the premier league stadiums let alone experience of playing against the different sides. They will want to get a sprinkling of PL experience into the side.

Â