Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

I normally wear chinos (grey, beige or maroon) and a variety of polo shirts, cardigans, jumpers etc.... I rotate between proper shoes and pumps/converse in neutral colours.

Nhs forbids denim but I only wear jeans at home anyway. I've seen people wear band shirts and those generic meaningless shirts you get at river island and such, I draw the line at that. Wouldn't wear a band t-shirt to work. It's smart casual for me, not hobo.

How do you wear chinos in an hospital?? Are you a nurse, cause if so dont you have to wear nhs uniform??

Dresscodes can **** right off and I've told several middle managers that.

this , as I always say people that wear suits to work are covering up for a lack of ability :-)

today I am in shorts and t-shirt ( the sun is still shining down in Sunny Surrey )

Thursday I have a client meeting so I'll extend to pair of next jeans type thingys and a t-shirt with a collar ... who knows as it's an important client I may even iron the T-shirt first :-)

I remember the dress code at CSFB was smart casual , and then gradually people stared turning up in shorts and Hackett type rugby shirts so an email went out saying anyone not appropriately dressed would be sent home ... the next day even more people turned up in shorts and rugby tops , I love it when company bosses try and play a game of brinkmanship and lose :-)

I normally wear chinos (grey, beige or maroon) and a variety of polo shirts, cardigans, jumpers etc.... I rotate between proper shoes and pumps/converse in neutral colours.

Nhs forbids denim but I only wear jeans at home anyway. I've seen people wear band shirts and those generic meaningless shirts you get at river island and such, I draw the line at that. Wouldn't wear a band t-shirt to work. It's smart casual for me, not hobo.

How do you wear chinos in an hospital?? Are you a nurse, cause if so dont you have to wear nhs uniform??

Mental Health. General nurses wear uniform.

I remember the dress code at CSFB was smart casual , and then gradually people stared turning up in shorts and Hackett type rugby shirts so an email went out saying anyone not appropriately dressed would be sent home ... the next day even more people turned up in shorts and rugby tops , I love it when company bosses try and play a game of brinkmanship and lose :-)
:nod: :notworthy:

I did once have a boss who told me (in public) to shave my beard off.

I told him to **** off. I think he was a little taken aback, but no more was said about it.

I can't picture you with a beard, Mr Moon Man, Sir.

I told him to **** off. I think he was a little taken aback, but no more was said about it.

About 1988...

beard.JPG

Being ill. Today is my first sick day in 5 years. Some would say i'm due one but I don't being off (apart from holidays!) as I know I will have to go back to 3 times as much work tomorrow/Thursday

About 1988...

beard.JPG

Good effort.

Now I can't picture you without a beard! :winkold:

being ill is natures way of telling you to book more holiday :-)

Being ill is natures way of allowing you to spend more time with your newborn! :winkold:

got to say I was one of those that never got ill .. and then since the kids have come along I catch every poxy disease that does the rounds

I even caught Chicken pox last year after managing to avoid it for 41 years

I blame it on the children of labour supporters that my children have to occasionally mingle with when we go down the park :winkold:

You know you can go sterile if you catch chicken pox as an adult
That's mumps, isn't it?
Maybe mumps too but I heard chicken pox and a cursory glance online suggests so too.

Radio wm footy phone in....insomuch that there are regular callers,some of whom honestly believe that we actually give a toss about their opinions. In particular, terry in stirchley (wba), paul in castle vale (small heath "knoworramean franksy ?") but the one who really gets on my norks is some schoolboy called Si or Simon (villa) who has this know it all attitude at the age of probably 14 & gives the impression that he is some kind of oracle on all things villa. Go do your homework instead of calling in.

Sorry if this upsets anyone who knows him personally....believe me i would hate him if he supported anyone else. What i want to say is dont give the same old people airtime.

Harumph :-(

Â