Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

As above.

I've just posted in the Villa Talk section. The post was to argue that Messi would be better in our team than Brett Holman.

That's why I don't post there very often.

You're kidding right? Messi would never be able to cut it in the Premier League due to the higher physicality of our game.

:winkold:

This is definitely one of those things that should piss you off.

Phone companies. I know they're pretty much all words removed which is why they can get away with it. Because they know you won't go somewhere else to be treated well - because you won't be.

I switched my broadband provider on September 3rd. Well I say September 3rd...

I rang them on Monday September 3rd and placed the order. They said it would take 5 to 10 working days to switch but because I said I need it for work they'd try and make it closer to the 5 than the 10. Super. So in theory I'd have my broadband around the Friday of that week. The 7th.

On the following Thursday (13th) I rang to see how it was getting on. Tech support said it never takes 5 to 10 days. It takes 15 working days (21 calendar days) and that according to their system my order was dated the 6th not the 3rd (they acknowledged the call was the 3rd but it takes 3 days to hit the system). The 6th is also not included as one of the waiting working days so in reality the Friday (7th) that I expected to be completely installed ended up being the 1st of 15 working days I'd have to wait. So now I'm looking at an install of this Friday although I don't hold out hope.

Cold-callers who you successfully bin because you're not interested, then they add you on linked-in, then they work out your works email address and email something similar to the following:

"Thanks for your time on the phone and for your interest in whatever crap it is we are selling. Please have a look at the attached information, I have scheduled one of our technical guys to give you a call on Friday."

Seriously, I know you need to have thick skin working in telesales but no means no.

Calling an electrician for a relatively simple repair, only for said 'expert' to attend and give me one of those withering 'a small child could have done this without bothering me at home' glances.

I'm not a sparky, he is and gets paid for it.....I'm just dangerous.

I work in an office, dress code is strict shirts, tie etc! Now boys have to adhere to this, yet women in the office (seems to be every office) come in a flowery top, stripey jumper, etc how the **** is that office wear?!

One day the female manager pulled me up about me wearing a jumper!! She had the CHEEK to say this whilst wearing a stripey jumper

I work in an office, dress code is strict shirts, tie etc! Now boys have to adhere to this, yet women in the office (seems to be every office) come in a flowery top, stripey jumper, etc how the **** is that office wear?!

One day the female manager pulled me up about me wearing a jumper!! She had the CHEEK to say this whilst wearing a stripey jumper

I've ranted about this before.

In my last team we had a girl working with us. Fine at her job, nice girl, but she wore vest tops and flowy skirts with flip flops to work, and shit like that.

Doesn't bother me, to be honest.

At the time, we used to have "casual fridays" so we just wore whatever we wanted. One day, the boss said to me, "you're a bit too casual today, Ben" (I was wearing dark jeans and a polo shirt, it really wasn't that casual). This was on casual friday! I nearly **** flipped on him.

This bird dresses like she's going to the beach every day, yet I wear somethign smart casual on CASUAL friday and I get a bollocking!

Dicks.

The work clothes thing is annoying, particularly in the summer (if it's hot!) when the blokes are all trussed up in shirts and ties and the women are dressed for the beach. Then to top it off, the women moan about the air conditioning being on because they are cold!

Women get a very easy ride. I'm always shirt/suit trousers as a minimum. There are a team of girls here who pretty much walk in in a) beach wear for the Summer or B) leggings/tops with ugg boots in the winter. I'm not knocking it because 80% are **** gorgeous but it seems unfair in 30C heat, I'm sweating like a Catholic Priest with a Choir boy, and they are knobbing about in tiny floaty dresses, sandals and the like.

Also, I had a meeting at County Hall with my Director yesterday. There is me, suited and booted, and she walks in barefoot in what appeared to be a pair for **** pyjama's. **** sake.

Strict casual dress code in an office? Man. Do you have 'front line' contact with clientele? If you don't, then, maybe it's a 'city' thing? I don't know if those above work in cities, I'm just guessing.

Our office is very lax on dress code. I am wearing a Boris t-shirt (the band, not Johnson, ha), jeans, and trainers at the moment. When I started work here they said the dress code was smart/casual. Since my 3/4 week I've alternated between smart and then casual everyday. Tue/Thu are casual days ^___^

I hope you pointed him in beach lady's direction?

He sits next to her! (or did at the time)

At the next team meeting we had th enews that casual fridays were no more (which I assume is why the boss pulled me up the week before). But as he told us this in the meeting he said something like "Ok lads, we need to smarten up on Friday", whilst looking at me and th eother young lad in the team.

Then I did snap. Said beach girl wasn't there that day so I had a polite but obviously annoyed rant about how we're being told to smarten up, which is fine and I don't mind dressing smarter, yet she waltzes around every day in flip flops.

Couple of weeks later she started dressing smartly so I assume someone had a word with her.

Strict casual dress code in an office? Man. Do you have 'front line' contact with clientele? If you don't, then, maybe it's a 'city' thing? I don't know if those above work in cities, I'm just guessing.

Our office is very lax on dress code. I am wearing a Boris t-shirt (the band, not Johnson, ha), jeans, and trainers at the moment. When I started work here they said the dress code was smart/casual. Since my 3/4 week I've alternated between smart and then casual everyday. Tue/Thu are casual days ^___^

It's not really strict. We don't have to walk around in suits and ties (although I do most of the time)

It's just "smart", i.e. jeans and such aren't acceptable.

Dresscodes can **** right off and I've told several middle managers that. If they have enough time to worry about what I/others wear as long as it is clean and not torn to shreds they have too little to do around the place.

Obvious exception if one is dealing face to face with clients/customers.

I own a VW Golf.

I'm 26.

I've been licensed to drive for 9 years and have had fully comp insurance for 5 years.

Never made a claim, no points on my license.

My insurance costs between £1100 and £1200 a year (can't remember the exact figure).

My younger cousin is 21.

He's just bought a Toyota MR2.

He's only been licensed for 3 years and has had fully comp insurance for 2 years.

He's just got insurance on his new car for.... £500 a year.

What the actual ****?!

I normally wear chinos (grey, beige or maroon) and a variety of polo shirts, cardigans, jumpers etc.... I rotate between proper shoes and pumps/converse in neutral colours.

Nhs forbids denim but I only wear jeans at home anyway. I've seen people wear band shirts and those generic meaningless shirts you get at river island and such, I draw the line at that. Wouldn't wear a band t-shirt to work. It's smart casual for me, not hobo.

My mum called me yesterday

I've got an email from paypal asking me to verify my account detials

Me ... delete it

her but I have an account it could be real

me ... delete it

let me forward it on to you so you can see

me .. delete it

5 secs later .. email comes through

I delete it

another phone call

did you look at that email

Me .. no i deleted it

her .. oh ok in a disappointed tone as if I don't do anything for her

today , i get to work

another email from her

I've been sent this different email now , do you think this one is real ?

me ... i'm calling your ISP as clearly you shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the interweb

Â