Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I used to see a bright pink Ka with eyelashes driving around town until one day someone cut them down really short. I haven't seen the car since, thankfully.

I also hate it when people cover their cars in flower stickers or those stickers girls have on their cars that say "Powered by fairydust".

Or people who hang some little teddy bear or something from their exhaust or towbar. Those new Fiat 500s with racing stripes and numbers on the door.

If those aren't reasons to ram the other car from behind, I don't know what is.

but unfortunately it's hard to find any posts which are not just examples of people not really considering stuff before being offended.

Hmmm. Kind of like someone taking too seriously a few tongue in cheek comments on a thread designed for letting off some steam...

These are just a couple of examples from the last few pages but unfortunately it's hard to find any posts which are not just examples of people not really considering stuff before being offended. 

Have you read the title of the thread?

Shallow thinking. It's right at the top of my list and it covers lots of different things but pretty much makes me hate bigots.

Almost nothing is black or white, there's always something in between but people jump to one side or another, like 99.9% of all posts on VT, and 99.8% of the posts in this thread I'm afraid to say.

e.g. the amount of people criticising the use of Baby on Board signs. Sometimes they're a reminder that actually, you're driving like a bit of a dick and you're ultimately responsible for good few many others' lives on the road as well as your own. I've no doubt they've stopped accidents due to this kind of thinking. Even outside of that, when you're a parent of a newborn or very young child you're extremely protective of them and you know the roads are full of people with no respect for their life or your life, so you appeal to their good nature to at least try to give a little more space when tailgating, or think twice about overtaking on a blind bend etc. Just because I don't necessarily feel the need to put them on my car (even when my kids were little) I can understand that people are different and some people would.

Eyelashes around the headlights. Why? What actual, physical, irreparable damage are they doing to you? They're not my personal taste but the people who work hard for their little Ka and want to add their flair to it are perfectly welcome to do so. It's their property, their money, their choice, best of luck to them.

These are just a couple of examples from the last few pages but unfortunately it's hard to find any posts which are not just examples of people not really considering stuff before being offended. Everyone has their own battles, faces their own hardships, has their own problems, even if they may not be apparent to you, or you can't understand their reasoning.

Sanctimonious crap I know, and bitching on this thread is also something that ultimately doesn't really make any difference, but it's just an example of the modern day trend of shallow thinking, and it makes me angry.

It annoys me when people chat shite, and keep suggesting that villa should have signed wesley sneijder in the january window and actually truly believed that it was possible.....mmmmm who could i be refering too Edited by donnie

People who have stuff like: "Reach for the stars and you'll land in the clouds", "Live every day like it's your last" or "Hard work is the only way to achieve your dreams" as their About info on Facebook.

But then consistently post status' like "CBF" or "Sooooo lazy."

There's a girl on mine who's "quotes" are stuff like that.

"Never settle for second best, you can achieve anything" is one, for example.

She works on a checkout.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

"It annoys me when people chat shite, and keep suggesting that villa should have signed wesley sneijder in the january window and actually truly believed that it was possible.....mmmmm who could i be refering too"

Bloody hell man, come on.

*Villa

*Wesley *Sneijder

*January

*I

*referring

*to

*?

I'm physically injured here.

Edited by darrenm

People who have stuff like: "Reach for the stars and you'll land in the clouds", "Live every day like it's your last" or "Hard work is the only way to achieve your dreams" as their About info on Facebook.

But then consistently post status' like "CBF" or "Sooooo lazy."

Generally dislike "motivational" quotes like those. Life I think is mostly too complex for one-liners.

There's this colleague of mine who told us at work that "Think positive and you'll do well, think negative and you won't" or something along that line and while there's a grain of truth in that, it is a very very small grain and the statement is largely bollocks.

Edited by legov

Â