Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Taylor Swift is 34 years old, yet plays the teenage heartbroken princess all the time. I guess she knows what sells and what her fans like. The fact she releases multiple slightly different versions of the same album must be a nightmare for collectors. 

That being said, she gave all the truckers who helped on her last tour, a cheque for $100k each, which was a thoroughly nice thing to do. 

Nightmare? They seem to live to be fleeced by her 🤣 

• Like 1

Are Swifties mental? Absolutely. 
Does Taylor Swift squeeze every drop of cash out of her fanbase. Without question. 
Does Taylor Swift talk about the highs and lows of her love life. Of course. Which songwriter doesnt. 
There, everything else you are wrong on and come the revolution you will be against the wall. 

Latest album is a bit shit mind. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Latest album is a bit shit mind. 

I played it whilst cooking and thought my raviolis were screeching in their boiling water like little white lobsters. "What's that?" my wife asked.

"It's the greatest artist of the generation," I said.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

not a fan , but certainly better than anything The Fall ever released 

meme-batman.gif

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

To say she isn't attractive  is something I never though I'd read on the internet

I don’t think anyone said that. 

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

I do find myself wondering if Swifties are the female version of incels 

Go say that on twitter. You bloody do it. 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Xela said:

That being said, she gave all the truckers who helped on her last tour, a cheque for $100k each, which was a thoroughly nice thing to do. 

If she were to liquidate all her possessions and give it all away to the poor, I'd be impressed. She'd still be able to make millions the next day, but still. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

I do find myself wondering if Swifties are the female version of incels 

They're not as bad as the K-Pop fans. Recently one of the female stars had to make a public apology for taking on a boyfriend and forced to end the relationship due to online pressure. Insane. 

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I don’t think anyone said that. 

meh , close enough   .... not especially pretty is basically how you call someone ugly on mumsnet  :P 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

meh , close enough   .... not especially pretty is basically how you call someone ugly on mumsnet  :P 

A few years back Katy Perry was everywhere and topped those highest earners lists. Whilst she also cannot sing and makes instantly forgettable songs there’s a couple of big reasons why she was successful.

Swift is quite pretty, but it’s not the reason why she’s so successful. I’m still trying to work that out.

8 minutes ago, Genie said:

Swift is quite pretty

Too late to backtrack now mate. The 'Swifties' are already hunting you down!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, sidcow said:

Chin up. Book a few days off next time the weather looks good 👍

21 hours ago, mottaloo said:

You feeling any better now Al ? Got any plans to get it checked out at the docs ?

21 hours ago, Genie said:

Sorry to hear that mate. If you aren’t 100% tomorrow take a day off and chill.

Feel a lot better today, thanks chaps. Still feel a bit aggrieved that I lost a whole weekend, but happy that my hands don't appear to be on fire anymore!

WFH today as had a lot of deals to complete on, but will definitely be booking some time off soon. I've had 1 day off from my 2024 allocation so far! 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

Feel a lot better today, thanks chaps. Still feel a bit aggrieved that I lost a whole weekend, but happy that my hands don't appear to be on fire anymore!

WFH today as had a lot of deals to complete on, but will definitely be booking some time off soon. I've had 1 day off from my 2024 allocation so far! 

We aint supposed to say this as we are men etc but you have been in my thoughts. Glad to hear you have improved. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Go say that on twitter. You bloody do it. 

I’ve actually been resisting the urge, still might just for shits and giggles

• Like 1

Â