Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Mentioned it before in the film thread, but sod it, as it’s being discussed here - Jason and the Argonauts, love the film, it has real nostalgic value for me.

It’s only relatively recently that I realised that the initial villain, the guy at the start who sends Jason off on his voyage…literally nothing happens to him. There’s no comeuppance or anything. The film just forgets him and replaces him with the guy who has the fleece.

Maybe that’s actually better and it should be a little messy and unfinished. It kinda feels like if it was made now, they’d have to tie it back to the start of the film somehow.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Still showing up as £8 for me on Prime.

Compress_20240206_212312_2395.thumb.jpg.7dda74cdf1bc67e4edb0493d38423ed9.jpg

Looks like it’s available to watch free online on DailyMotion

edit: I removed the link as I’m not sure if they are legal streams or not.

Edited by Genie

11 hours ago, Genie said:

I appreciate streaming is poor in terms of sound quality, but it gets my vote for convenience.

In my car I have a usb loaded with music I rarely change, and my phone connected via bluetooth that I do update fairly frequently.

That's me you're talking about.

7 hours ago, Genie said:

Looks like it’s available to watch free online on DailyMotion

edit: I removed the link as I’m not sure if they are legal streams or not.

Yeah, I spotted that last night. Thanks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Mentioned it before in the film thread, but sod it, as it’s being discussed here - Jason and the Argonauts, love the film, it has real nostalgic value for me.

It’s only relatively recently that I realised that the initial villain, the guy at the start who sends Jason off on his voyage…literally nothing happens to him. There’s no comeuppance or anything. The film just forgets him and replaces him with the guy who has the fleece.

Maybe that’s actually better and it should be a little messy and unfinished. It kinda feels like if it was made now, they’d have to tie it back to the start of the film somehow.

He did get his comeuppance in Jason and the Argonauts 2:  The guy who sent Jason off on his voyage in: Jason and the Argonauts. 

You must have missed this 2021 masterpiece, featuring the same actors. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

He did get his comeuppance in Jason and the Argonauts 2:  The guy who sent Jason off on his voyage in: Jason and the Argonauts. 

You must have missed this 2021 masterpiece, featuring the same actors. 

If Jason and The Argonauts had been made in the 2000's we'd be on the 50th film by now of the "Argoverse" and the skeletons would have had their own movies whilst Jason fought Perseus and Thallo for control of The Fleece.

And I'd have yet another movie series I had no interest in watching whatsoever whilst Hollywood crumbled into a shell of what it used to be as accountants replaced artists.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

If Jason and The Argonauts had been made in the 2000's we'd be on the 50th film by now of the "Argoverse" and the skeletons would have had their own movies whilst Jason fought Perseus and Thallo for control of The Fleece.

And I'd have yet another movie series I had no interest in watching whatsoever whilst Hollywood crumbled into a shell of what it used to be as accountants replaced artists.

U ok hun?

x

p.s.I agree fully.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ad-Blu for cars. Destroys 90% of next to f*** all Nitrogen Oxides. Is £2 a litre for next to f*** all, actually pig piss and water, you buy it in big plastic containers, come with plastic fillers, which companies probably produce more Oxides to make, then you can't do **** all with them empty, having a bigger negative environmental impact then the miniscule oxides emitting from cars in the first place.

Ohh  then there's the cost of parts, not if, when it goes wrong, say £450 each for Oxygen sensors for a start, which do have a life span.

Doesn't help the planet too much.

28 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Ad-Blu for cars. Destroys 90% of next to f*** all Nitrogen Oxides. Is £2 a litre for next to f*** all, actually pig piss and water, you buy it in big plastic containers, come with plastic fillers, which companies probably produce more Oxides to make, then you can't do **** all with them empty, having a bigger negative environmental impact then the miniscule oxides emitting from cars in the first place.

Ohh  then there's the cost of parts, not if, when it goes wrong, say £450 each for Oxygen sensors for a start, which do have a life span.

U ok hun? x

*couldn’t give a shit really

They say shoplifting is not going to be a arrestable offence, as we are in a cost of living crisis. Then cry the place down when the figures for shoplifting have never been so high. Strange that?

7 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

They say shoplifting is not going to be a arrestable offence, as we are in a cost of living crisis. Then cry the place down when the figures for shoplifting have never been so high. Strange that?

There was a programme on it about 6 months ago. Below a certain amount (something like £200) the police aren’t interested. They interviewed a shop manager for an co-op in London and I can’t remember the exact stat but it was something like twice an hour someone would steal something. 

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

Probably a police resource thing as well.

Do you put a load of effort into policing small time petty crime or use your limited resource to focus on more important stuff.

You know like people using dodgy firesticks

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Probably a police resource thing as well.

Do you put a load of effort into policing small time petty crime or use your limited resource to focus on more important stuff.

You know like people using dodgy firesticks

And people calling you male, when you identify as a cat. 😂

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Great! No need to pay for my lunch at Pret anymore! ;) 

• Haha 1

On 07/02/2024 at 18:28, foreveryoung said:

I don't even know what Ad-Blu is? I'm guessing its something for diesels? I've never owned one. Even when there was a big push on them about 20 years back. 

Just now, Xela said:

I don't even know what Ad-Blu is? I'm guessing its something for diesels? I've never owned one. Even when there was a big push on them about 20 years back. 

An additive for more modern diesel engines.

• Thanks 1

Â