Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

8 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Good spot. I’m a bit of a dinosaur myself, so I’d still go for the physical DVD. I also still buy CDs :D

I bought my car 4 years ago and popped a cd in the player, that cd is still in there and never gets played :lol: 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I know we've been over it many times, but my preference remains: 

CDs > streaming > vinyl 

I appreciate streaming is poor in terms of sound quality, but it gets my vote for convenience.

In my car I have a usb loaded with music I rarely change, and my phone connected via bluetooth that I do update fairly frequently.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I know we've been over it many times, but my preference remains: 

CDs > streaming > vinyl 

Similar to me in that:

Cinema > Blu rays > Streaming

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I bought my car 4 years ago and popped a cd in the player, that cd is still in there and never gets played :lol: 

I got a *new* car 2 days ago and I’m onto CD 2 already, after only driving it 3 times! 

• Haha 1

I used to absolutely love going to the cinema but over the past 5 years or so something changed with me where I'd almost have like panic attacks when watching a film in the cinema. Just feel like I can't breath in there and that i'm crippled with anxiety and feel really sick. Was never an issue in earlier life and nothing has ever happened in a cinema to trigger some type of trauma. Was weird, should probably see a professional to try and figure out the cause but it's easier watching films at home. :D 

Our local cinema (Odeon) has a big upgrade and is now an Odeon Luxe. It only has about half as many seat in each room now but they are big comfy recliners with tables and loads of leg room.

It’s crazy money to watch a blockbuster movie close to release day though.

Edited by Genie

3 hours ago, Genie said:

I watch a lot of YT channels of guys who buy and sell oldish second-hand cars, and discovering what CD is in the player, is often the most interesting part.

It's usually a cue to start guessing the age and profession of the previous owner.

When I bought my motorhome in the CD player was a CD by Jack Johnson, for all my musical faults I have a line and Jack Johnson is over that line. So I put the CD on the dash, over the course of a drive that CD will make its way across the dash, where I lob it up the other end of the dash. I think there would be minor distress if the unplayed Jack Johnson CD went missing.

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

When I bought my motorhome in the CD player was a CD by Jack Johnson, for all my musical faults I have a line and Jack Johnson is over that line. So I put the CD on the dash, over the course of a drive that CD will make its way across the dash, where I lob it up the other end of the dash. I think there would be minor distress if the unplayed Jack Johnson CD went missing.

Who the **** is Jack Johnson? 

9 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Who the **** is Jack Johnson? 

I hope I have his name right, bland as hell dinner party background music. Utterly awful. His fans probably like Dave Matthews Band as well. 

I remember there being a spate of sensitive men singing and strumming songs in a Hey ladies, I’m a sensitive man type way back in the mid 00’s, listen to this radio friendly, bland ballad.

Jack Johnson, Paulo Nutini, James Morrison, James Blunt, lest we forget...

All of them were “Oh he did that song you heard when you went to visit your parents and they had Radio 2 on…”.

I’m sure that sensitive man strumming bland sensitive song style t’was always ever thus, but I just remember it being a particularly prominent then for a year or two.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I remember there being a spate of sensitive men singing and strumming songs in a Hey ladies, I’m a sensitive man type way back in the mid 00’s, listen to this radio friendly, bland ballad.

Jack Johnson, Paulo Nutini, James Morrison, James Blunt, lest we forget...

Damien Rice as well. 

You are right, there was a glut over a few years. 

• Like 1

When supermarkets first brought out those little boxes and tubs of sweet snacks they were great.  Especially Millionaire Shortbread and Rocky Road. OK they've put the prices up and shrinkflation has reduced the sizes so what was a good value product no longer is regardless of inflation. 

But more annoyingly is they've all messed with the recipes, gradually reducing expensive ingredients till there is less and less flavour and sweetness. Now they're just bland and tasteless, even from places like M&S and waitrose. Upshot is I won't buy any and tell Mrs Sidcow not to bother if she's out shopping. 

It's happening with a lot of stuff badged as "new improved recipe" or whatever, or just snuck in on the quiet. It's been most noticeable in these type of products though to such an extent that they're just pointless. 

9 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Good spot. I’m a bit of a dinosaur myself, so I’d still go for the physical DVD. I also still buy CDs :D

I didn’t even know dinosaurs had DVDs

• Haha 2

Â