Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Way too hot for her mate. She’s impossible. I’ve sent her loads of hotels to look at. Hopefully decides on one of them. 

I actually think the hotel I’ve seen in Tenerife is the best out the lot. 

I'd recommend against the Canaries in the summer tbh. It's usually roasting and not worth the long(ish) flight

How about Croatia?

• Thanks 1

This is probably my most "first world problems" entry into this thread.

Ocado keep delivering bananas that are so un-ripe that you can't eat them for at least a week.

I don't want bananas next week. I want them now

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

I'd recommend against the Canaries in the summer tbh. It's usually roasting and not worth the long(ish) flight

How about Croatia?

Not a bad shout actually. I’ll have a look. 

Her criteria for 40th is luxury hotel, not too hot, not too far, something for kids too. Not asking for much. 

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Trying to book a holiday for missus 40th in July. Mexico and Dominican Republic? She doesn’t like any of the hotels.  Dubai? says it’s too hot. Maldives ? It’s too far.  Canary Islands?  Not for a 40th. Greece or Turkey? Too hot!!

We ain’t going to go anywhere.

French or Italian Med or Croatia

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Not a bad shout actually. I’ll have a look. 

Her criteria for 40th is luxury hotel, not too hot, not too far, something for kids too. Not asking for much. 

For example, Split Radisson here - Hotels in Split Old Town | Radisson Blu Resort & Spa, Split (radissonhotels.com)

You've also got Bulgaria, and I've heard Montenegro is a cheaper, more niche Croatia if you wanted to check it too

Underrated part of the world for a summer holiday seriously

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

There’s a hotel in Split with a hot tub on the roof. Split is a great suggestion actually, amazing place, food, and drink, shouldn’t be too hot.

And Diocletian's palace. 

Was looking forward to a slap-up birthday lunch at Brasserie Blanc, but I have an absolute stinker of a head cold (doubtless contracted at last Saturday's party). Annoying. 

23 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Was looking forward to a slap-up birthday lunch at Brasserie Blanc, but I have an absolute stinker of a head cold (doubtless contracted at last Saturday's party). Annoying. 

Happy Birthday Mike!

Hope the head bogies **** off pronto. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

When your iPhone is full so you delete 100 pics and videos.  Then you take another 5 pics and it's full again.  How does that work?

How old were the photos and were they taken on an earlier model

And also why aren't they in the cloud?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Used the hot tub at Pythagoras’ place. Absolute rubbish, flooded the place.

I was really thinking about what a triangle based joke was here.

• Like 1

Just now, Genie said:

I was really thinking about what a triangle based joke was here.

I wrote that, flicked back to work mode, had a nice smug feeling I’d smashed it out the park.. and then had this dawning realisation that I’d name checked the wrong fella. To my credit, I knew it was one of the Brasil 82 team.

• Haha 1

Â