Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

47 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Yeah annoying when that happens - always find it difficult to concentrate. 

What? When you're trying to peel your orange and someone asks if you're taking the pith? 

44 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Strangers eating messy foods in close quarters -- awful. Happens in New York all the time. 

spacer.png

Would. 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

What? When you're trying to peel your orange and someone asks if you're taking the pith? 

Seems fair enough to me - eat your stinky orange somewhere else so i can listen to pulp in peace!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

He then text me to say if it needs anything will I contribute towards the cost

Hey, I like how this guy thinks. I need to locate all my house's previous owners and ask if they'll help cover kitchen remodel costs 😆.

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Sold my lads bike yestersday, got messed about rotton by the guy, ended up delivering it to him as he couldn't be arsed to come 2 mile to collect. Handed it over, he had a quick look and paid all good. Called me today to say his wife has decided she doesn't want it, as it's got some scratches, the brakes don't feel safe, a can he pop round for the money back tonight. Obviously told him there's no refunds, it's a second hand bike,  I sold it to him at half price of a new one, even thought it's only 12 months old and to get it checked at a bike shop if he is not happy. He then text me to say if it needs anything will I contribute towards the cost. Told him not a chance, as the bike is 100% safe, in a professional manner. He then text me back saying thanks for the reassurance??  What a total numpty!!

Sounds like the signs were there from the start. If they mess about I move on and find another seller.

We were selling 4 stairgates last week (having a clear out!), and some girl from West Brom messaged to say “I really need the stairgate, but I have no car, can you drop it off to me please?”. No. Just no. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Sounds like the signs were there from the start. If they mess about I move on and find another seller.

We were selling 4 stairgates last week (having a clear out!), and some girl from West Brom messaged to say “I really need the stairgate, but I have no car, can you drop it off to me please?”. No. Just no. 

My wife listed a pair of my son’s old trainers (never worn) on local fb group the other day. Lady comments that she’ll have them, then never responds again. 

So the listing has her comment on it looking like they’re sold but she’s now ignoring it. People are so annoying. The least she could do is delete her comment or add another one saying she doesn’t want them.

• Like 1

The most annoying is the people who list stuff as ‘FREE’, £1’ or ‘£2’, only for you to open the ad and see “this is not FREE, message for price”. 

A few months ago I purposely sent a bunch of them messages saying things like “hi, is this available, would you accept £1.50”, just to waste their time.

13 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

The most annoying is the people who list stuff as ‘FREE’, £1’ or ‘£2’, only for you to open the ad and see “this is not FREE, message for price”. 

A few months ago I purposely sent a bunch of them messages saying things like “hi, is this available, would you accept £1.50”, just to waste their time.

I hate those, a load of pictures and then “message for price”.

What makes you so special you don’t need to list the price? You’re now alienating about 99% of potential buyers because nobody wants that awkward exchange when it’s more than they wanted to pay.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Genie said:

My wife listed a pair of my son’s old trainers (never worn) on local fb group the other day. Lady comments that she’ll have them, then never responds again. 

So the listing has her comment on it looking like they’re sold but she’s now ignoring it. People are so annoying. The least she could do is delete her comment or add another one saying she doesn’t want them.

I posted my theory on this a while back.

I think that people know that stuff on FB marketplace can have a lot of interest, and that if that happens sellers will usually prioritise the people who showed an interest first.

So I think people just throw out messages like that to reserve items (in a way) before they're actually considered if they want it or not.

(not defending them by the way. They're words removed. Maybe this should be in the boring thread)

• Like 1

I tend to just chuck stuff on freecycle if it's stuff that friends/family don't want, wasn't worth the hassle of wasting my time with cretins for what was mostly quite low value stuff.

• Like 2

My kid buys stuff in charity shops and sells it on Vinted.

I can’t get my head around whether that’s ethical. I think it is, in that the charity shops are getting sales.

I'd recommend donating old furniture to the BHF.

As long as it's in good enough nick to sell then they'll come and pick it up from you. You don't have even have to do anything. Fill in a form online detailing what it is and they'll come and get it. Did it recently with an old dining table, chairs and a bookcase.

I moved them all down to the hall to make it easy to get out the door but the guys said they'd have come in and moved it all for me.

They even email you to tell you how much it's sold for. My stuff fetched £39, so I assume heart disease is now cured.

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

My kid buys stuff in charity shops and sells it on Vinted.

I can’t get my head around whether that’s ethical. I think it is, in that the charity shops are getting sales.

Seems fine to me. It’s the world we live in now! If it’s not your kid doing it it’ll be someone else. 

25 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I tend to just chuck stuff on freecycle if it's stuff that friends/family don't want, wasn't worth the hassle of wasting my time with cretins for what was mostly quite low value stuff.

We do the same with a lot of stuff, but this was an unworn pair of Jordans (they were slightly tight when he got them and by the time he had a reason to wear them they were too small) and the proceeds were going to my lad so we wanted to get some money for them, for him.

If anyone is interested dm me for the price, and the picture, and the size x

Edited by Genie

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I'd recommend donating old furniture to the BHF.

As long as it's in good enough nick to sell then they'll come and pick it up from you.

We did that too with our old living room furniture. It was only flat pack type stuff but was all in great condition. They came next day and collected it. 

This should piss me off.

I’ve used my own personal Mac when working at home for the last 3 years, and have had no persistent connection issues. Last Tuesday I was working from home and the work’s virtual desktop was freezing loads, and throwing up loads of random squares and shapes. I asked IT to look at it but they said they’re not allowed to look at personal hardware. I decided to use work’s laptop instead. Ever since then, I’d say at least 3 times a day I’m having “connection lost” issues when working from home. Usually while I’m doing something that the laptop clearly struggles with: sharing my screen on a Teams call, having 3 (three!) excel docs open at the same time. 

I’m 100% blaming works laptop for this. Twice today I have lost connection already. Maybe it’s Storm Isha or whatever her name is. I’ve decided I’m not going back to using my Mac for work. I don’t want their nonsense ruining my Mac.

Â