Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I am the runner up in 3 of our 8 awards for "x of the year" at work, and won 0 of them.

2nd out of about 400 people is pretty good, yet I'm more pissed off than if I'd never been named at all.

17 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I am the runner up in 3 of our 8 awards for "x of the year" at work, and won 0 of them.

2nd out of about 400 people is pretty good, yet I'm more pissed off than if I'd never been named at all.

If you made the effort to go in the office, you may have won...

:trollface:

Just now, Davkaus said:

What's my **** boss doing on VT. 

i've just done two days in a row in the office. I'm more knackered than a child mining cobalt in the Congo!

I'm not cut out for this. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Qualified for Europe, though? 

My 64 year old mom text me last night because she was getting an error message she didn’t understand when trying to install Microsoft Teams on her phone.

I asked her why she needed Microsoft Teams and she said her work have updated their systems and she was required to download it. She said most of her colleagues have been having trouble installing it too. 

She works in a supermarket. Stacking shelves and working checkouts. Microsoft Teams. On their own devices. In a supermarket. Stacking shelves. Sat on checkouts. Required. 

What kind of c*#*%!<*{ has rolled this out?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

My 64 year old mom text me last night because she was getting an error message she didn’t understand when trying to install Microsoft Teams on her phone.

I asked her why she needed Microsoft Teams and she said her work have updated their systems and she was required to download it. She said most of her colleagues have been having trouble installing it too. 

She works in a supermarket. Stacking shelves and working checkouts. Microsoft Teams. On their own devices. In a supermarket. Stacking shelves. Sat on checkouts. Required. 

What kind of c*#*%!<*{ has rolled this out?

"Sorry, I can't download Teams as my Nokia 3310 doesn't allow apps"

The supermarket can get in the **** bin. 

• Like 2

It's the 12th day of Christmas. I'm the only house on my street with decorations still up.

If people love christmas so much that they put their decorations up in November, Why don't they leave them up for the duration of the festivities?

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

It's the 12th day of Christmas. I'm the only house on my street with decorations still up.

If people love christmas so much that they put their decorations up in November, Why don't they leave them up for the duration of the festivities?

Oh, 12th day? Oh, bugger.

That means I’ve come in to the office for Friday breakfast club and the decorations are coming down at home today. That’s got to be a thankless task, packing all that tinsel crap away back in to boxes before i get home this evening.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Yep, we're* just taking them down now.  Been the only house in the street with them on till today.

* Mrs Sidcow.  I'm pretending to work whilst reading VT :lol:

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

When I suggested we should put the decorations up on the Sunday before Christmas and take them down after the 12 days of christmas in my house I was looked at like I'd escaped from an asylum

• Sad 1

Depending on which bit of the solstice celebrations you are referring to, there is nothing special about today.

e.g. Yule lasted as long as the log burned. Decorating your home lasted until spring (when you cleaned).

Just now, Stevo985 said:

When I suggested we should put the decorations up on the Sunday before Christmas and take them down after the 12 days of christmas in my house I was looked at like I'd escaped from an asylum

You, Sir, are a hero. Stick to your guns. 

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What was your opinion on Xmas Stockings?

16 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

You, Sir, are a hero. Stick to your guns. 

Oh I didn't win. They went up on Dec 1st and they've been down since the 28th :D 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

59 minutes ago, bickster said:

What was your opinion on Xmas Stockings?

Those Christmas presents are expensive. Gotta fund them somehow.

hands-up-picture-id179306664?k=6%26m=179

• Haha 1

Been called back to work this week, shouldn't be back till 8th officially, but a few customers have blagged engine faults on there cars, only for the dealerships to find flood damage. A few are kicking up a right fuss, so we have to visit, take pictures and write a legal report to foward onto the customer, noting, that water entering the engine is unfortunately not a manufacturing defect, so not warranty. 😂

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

5 hours ago, limpid said:

Depending on which bit of the solstice celebrations you are referring to, there is nothing special about today.

e.g. Yule lasted as long as the log burned. Decorating your home lasted until spring (when you cleaned).

I blame Catholicism.

On that note I always found it a little perverse that they're celebrating the time that their Baby Jesus was unbaptised

Â