Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Dyson new advert marketing their hairdryer and hairwrap thingy. "Give something special for mothers day"

I will, some nice flowers, not some £400 hair dryer or £480 hair wrap straightener.

We all like nice things, but who buys a £850 vacuum or pay £500 for a hair dryer. If i did, I'd be rich, an it would be for my PA to dry my hair and cleaner to vacuum my yacht . The worst thing is we all know they are made in India for about £10. 

• Like 1

The amount of mouth breathers on Twitter in the last couple of days who think HSBC are a Chinese bank, in reaction to buying SVB UK. 

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

The amount of mouth breathers on Twitter in the last couple of days who think HSBC are a Chinese bank

Well technically originating from Hong Kong which is now part of China. 🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, ender4 said:

Well technically originating from Hong Kong which is now part of China. 🤷‍♂️

Founded by Brits in British Hong Kong. Then as i'm sure you are aware, the HQ was moved to London following the Midland Bank purchase and company restructure in the early 90's, all happening before HK was transferred back to China. 

I know its a niche piss you off entrant, but I'm standing by it! :D 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, brommy said:

That's very much the sort of thing I've done.

For example, I told my neighbour that I'd noticed his mother-in-law arrive a few days earlier and I commented she was looking well. He replied she has a brain tumour. I quickly asked how his parents were keeping and he told me they both died a few years ago.😬

I shouldn't laugh,  I couldn't help it.  Apologies.
Did you pop to B&Q after the banter and reverse over his cat ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I shouldn't laugh,  I couldn't help it.  Apologies.
Did you pop to B&Q after the banter and reverse over his cat ?

No worries. I'm very much in the mind of 'whoops, never mind'. He took it well, tbf.

• Like 1

There was a very well known old boy in the Birmingham Insurance Market who owned a fairly decent sized firm. I knew his right hand man very well. 

Anyway I was at a big industry dinner, I was very pissed and had lost the rest of my party. I was hanging around the entrance foyer seeing if I could spot anyone when I saw my mate and the old boy walking towards me.  I must have looked a bit lost because they asked me if I was OK. 

I responded "Don't know if I'm going blind or something but I can't spot any of my party anywhere." At this point he looked at me funny and they shuffled off without a word at which point I noticed he was leading the old boy by the arm and carrying his white stick.   I'd totally forgotten he'd once told me how the old boy was losing his sight

Even in my stupidly drunk state I could have died. 

Never mentioned it to my mate since. 😳😳

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

My first bank account was with the Midland bank. I was a Griffin saver and this was my sports bag for years!

D8RtAGxW4AAWaff.jpg

Back in the days when banks valued personal customers. 

Screenshot-2017-04-26-08-26-06-1.jpg

• Like 2

Street view Google maps. How do google know that I want to face to opposite direction to the one they give me, every time!!! its not even 50/50

Its almost a guarantee to be facing the wrong way Grrrrrr

EDIT: I should add that the way I work, they know what I'm looking for because I'll have searched that already but it shows be the view as if I have my back to the building, I don't want to see the view from that place I want to see that place. It's bloody stupid

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, bickster said:

Street view Google maps. How do google know that I want to face to opposite direction to the one they give me, every time!!! its not even 50/50

Its almost a guarantee to be facing the wrong way Grrrrrr

EDIT: I should add that the way I work, they know what I'm looking for because I'll have searched that already but it shows be the view as if I have my back to the building, I don't want to see the view from that place I want to see that place. It's bloody stupid

I love it when you want to avoid the motorway due to traffic/accident, an it takes you down some single track road which would be too rough for a tractor to drive down. Ohh, an also when the tractors force you to drive on the left in the rough and don't move over enough!!

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

I love it when you want to avoid the motorway due to traffic/accident, an it takes you down some single track road which would be too rough for a tractor to drive down. Ohh, an also when the tractors force you to drive on the left in the rough and don't move over enough!!

Google is particularly shit at navigation

• Like 1

Â