Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I've just finished off some cornflakes that were in a not particularly airtight container that were moved from an old flat before we moved to a house, dating back to before I even first moved to Poland probably. Still seemed fine.

wtf-crumpet.gif

Edited by fightoffyour

19 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Bloody hell did we grow up in the same house and just never saw each other?

Sunday night was always “left overs” pikelets, cakes and malt bread.

:D 

Bullseye, Last of the Summer Wine and Heartbeat!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I've not seen Heartbeat for 20+ years, but I can still recall the theme tune and the overwhelming feeling of dread that the weekend was over

Masterchef from the Lloyd Grossman era followed by Antiques Roadshow and Heartbeat in our household.  Absolutely misery for me.  The only good thing about Sundays was Football Italia.

• Like 2

Had a flat tyre so ordered one to be fitted at 10.30 this morning, went there and it hadn't turned up, so they said they'd ring back later when it comes in.  Hear nothing so I call them after lunch, they say it should be there in the next couple of hours. Did it come in?  Did they bother ringing me back?  No they **** didn't.  Waste of a **** day.

I remember the Sunday night blues. I absolutely hated secondary school so every Sunday night was awful. 

Highway with Harry Secombe or Songs of Praise on the other channel were the trigger for me! 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

Had a flat tyre so ordered one to be fitted at 10.30 this morning, went there and it hadn't turned up, so they said they'd ring back later when it comes in.  Hear nothing so I call them after lunch, they say it should be there in the next couple of hours. Did it come in?  Did they bother ringing me back?  No they **** didn't.  Waste of a **** day.

I just have them come out to me now. Saves a load of hassle. Where you based?

Just now, Xela said:

I just have them come out to me now. Saves a load of hassle. Where you based?

Horsham in West Sussex.  I was hoping they'd offer to do that tomorrow as a courtesy but the guy didn't seem to give a shit so I cancelled it and am going somewhere else tomorrow.  I might just get someone out like you say in future.

30 minutes ago, Xela said:

I remember the Sunday night blues. I absolutely hated secondary school so every Sunday night was awful. 

Highway with Harry Secombe or Songs of Praise on the other channel were the trigger for me! 

Was thinking of that, "Highway". Remember Sunday's as a kid being so depressingly boring, from when I woke up, only 4 channels, an the F****ing Walton's was on, then dinner time, when after eating mom and dad used to have a kip, an then getting ready for school the next day. It would be seen as child abuse now. 😆

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Was thinking of that, "Highway". Remember Sunday's as a kid being so depressingly boring, from when I woke up, only 4 channels, an the F****ing Walton's was on, then dinner time, when after eating mom and dad used to have a kip, an then getting ready for school the next day. It would be seen as child abuse now. 😆

Funny you mention that. You just sent me down a rabbit hole looking at the TV guide for xmas 82. It was all going well, remembering some of the shows on back then. Until I noticed Jim'll fix it. 

How the f*** nobody picked up on this....

5.20pm   Jim'll Fix It
                     Dear Jim, Please may I visit Ken Dodd's
                     jam butty mines
?
                     Sing with Val Doonican?
                     Help Father Christmas pack his sack?
                     In this special Christmas edition,
                     Jimmy Savile, OBE, makes these
                     and other dreams come true.

I mean come on. 

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

Masterchef from the Lloyd Grossman era followed by Antiques Roadshow and Heartbeat in our household.  Absolutely misery for me.  The only good thing about Sundays was Football Italia.

The stuff of nightmares 

Spoiler

PreciousGraciousHoneybee-size_restricted

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

You Kidz have zero right to complain about boring Sunday TV. 

I remember trying to watch Bonanza hoping it would be like a Western. 

And watching The Water Margin hoping it would be like Monkey. 

They weren't. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

People with cushion sheds shouldn't criticise other peoples storage arrangements :D

Looked in on it the other day as its been sat in so much water the last few weeks.  The patio just doesn't drain well. 

Had to literally force the door open, need to trim it in the spring. 

Was lovely and dry inside😁

• Haha 1

Opera seems to have had some kind of update. Half the time when I scroll down the screen just goes blank and cant do anything without closing and opening a new tab. 

Grrrrr. 

Â