Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Just now, villa4europe said:

I went taxi over kebab

Right now it feelds like the worst choice I've ever made in my life

Haha, this reminded me.

Back when I was about 18 me and my mate had about £4 each left so it was either taxi back to his house where I was stopping OR burger and chips at 2am. The other thing was, it was absolutely pissing down.

Putting my clothes on next morning, still soaking wet wasn’t fun but I’m happy I made the right choice.

14 hours ago, Xela said:

A major UK bank went down last night for a few hours. Couldn't process transactions and cards stopped working. From reading the comments on twitter you would think the country had been nuked. Yeah, its inconvenient, but they don't do it on purpose and its not like it happens often. Get over yourself, and no you don't deserve compensation. 

Was it barclays ? I made an online application to them late Fri night and they rejected me saying it could be cos they couldn't get hold of me or missing some information. 

My credit rating is excellent so I'd be pissed off if it was for that reason 

55 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Was it barclays ? I made an online application to them late Fri night and they rejected me saying it could be cos they couldn't get hold of me or missing some information. 

My credit rating is excellent so I'd be pissed off if it was for that reason 

It was HSBC I think 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 04/11/2022 at 12:39, TheAuthority said:

I actually use outlook (work imposed) but it's the OS's fault. You can customize just about everything on the touch bar apart from the escape key 🤬 

Mine’s an older one, without a Touch Bar and it doesn’t have outlook, but isn’t there a way to do “edit” - “undo”?

11 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Yet any Tom, Dick or Harry can buy them 😮 

Yep, ridiculous.

And yet people say "but it's only for one night a year". They're currently going off now, as they were last weekend, as they probably will be next weekend. It's a joke.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Xela said:

I need to see a longer version of that! 

Same,

were there more fireworks under or behind the car that caught alight, hence the later explosion? Or was all of that meant to happen in the air?

because ive lived abroad for 4 years im not on the electoral register my credit rating is low because they cant use it to confirm my identity

i honestly dont know how europeans and other immigrants were coming in to the UK and getting rental places and mortgages because im British and its an absolute **** ball ache, its lucky i kept my english bank account open to pay my netflix bill because thats seemingly the one glimmer of hope that ive got

Edited by villa4europe

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i honestly dont know how europeans and other europeans were coming in to the UK and getting rental places and mortgages

You’ve obviously been gone a long time, forinners get given houses for free now so no need to rent or get a mortgage 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

You’ve obviously been gone a long time, forinners get given houses for free now so no need to rent or get a mortgage 

Only if they're Muslim terrorists. 

• Like 2

Last night's BBC 10.00pm news. All the expected items, and then... Peter Kay is returning to stand-up. What? This is national news? But it wasn't just a mention - it was a good five minutes, with clips from his act, excited analysis by theiy showbiz correspondent, loads of excited voxpops from Bolton chavs in shopping centres burbling about how brilliant he is. Huw Edwards signs off saying what great news this is. Then there's a trailer, for - guess what? Some repeats of old Peter Kay programmes coming soon. By now I'm getting seriously pissed off, but then our local news comes on. First item - PETER KAY IS COMING TO LEEDS!!! More excitement ensues. TV gets switched off. 

Am I missing something here? What's so special about a bloke who's just another northern club act? Aren't there scores of similar acts, who wouldn't get a mention on a news programme in a million years? 

Maybe one for the Don't Get It thread. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Last night's BBC 10.00pm news. All the expected items, and then... Peter Kay is returning to stand-up. What? This is national news? But it wasn't just a mention - it was a good five minutes, with clips from his act, excited analysis by theiy showbiz correspondent, loads of excited voxpops from Bolton chavs in shopping centres burbling about how brilliant he is. Huw Edwards signs off saying what great news this is. Then there's a trailer, for - guess what? Some repeats of old Peter Kay programmes coming soon. By now I'm getting seriously pissed off, but then our local news comes on. First item - PETER KAY IS COMING TO LEEDS!!! More excitement ensues. TV gets switched off. 

Am I missing something here? What's so special about a bloke who's just another northern club act? Aren't there scores of similar acts, who wouldn't get a mention on a news programme in a million years? 

He's an absolute word removed too which makes the fawning over him all the more annoying

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

He's a national treasure apparently, in my head that means annoying clearing in the woods

On 07/11/2022 at 10:56, Stevo985 said:

Same,

were there more fireworks under or behind the car that caught alight, hence the later explosion? Or was all of that meant to happen in the air?

Yeah, you can see them safely stored in a cardboard box as per instructions. 

• Haha 1

Mention of Peter Kay... I just knew Bicks would comment on him being a word removed :D

Makes me laugh them saying tickets on sale Saturday, when even just as an O2 customer, i can apply for tickets early. So thats about 23 million people who can apply on Thursday! 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Xela said:

Mention of Peter Kay... I just knew Bicks would comment on him being a word removed :D

Makes me laugh them saying tickets on sale Saturday, when even just as an O2 customer, i can apply for tickets early. So thats about 23 million people who can apply on Thursday! 

Sundays news, people with their compo faces on cos they didn’t get a ticket but they are available for £500 each on resell sites.

• Like 1

Â