Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

15 hours ago, Xela said:

Fancy new office, no-one has their own desk anymore its just rows of desks with monitors and leads on. Book your desk online the day before, turn up, connect your laptop and work. 

In terms of office decoration, i would assume health and safety / fire safety. They don't want people hanging stuff from ceilings etc.

Political correctness gone mad. I thought that is why we left the EU etc.

15 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Political correctness gone mad. I thought that is why we left the EU etc.

The government can have a bonfire of red tape but we can’t even hang red tape from the ceiling. 

This is as bad as the lockdown parties.

18 hours ago, sidcow said:

We've got this but 99% of the time people just sit in the same desks so we all sit in our teams still. 

When we first moved in it was announced we were going to have a game of work desk bingo with prizes for whoever sat in the most different desks.  It was quietly dropped when everyone totally ignored it. 

Or openly ridiculed it! 😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Genie said:

The government can have a bonfire of red tape but we can’t even hang red tape from the ceiling. 

This is as bad as the lockdown parties.

They'll be banning Christmas next!

Happy Winterval! 

• Like 1

Some poor sod is threatening to throw himself off a motorway bridge and I’m stuck on M62. I only jumped onto the motorway to get home quicker, not moved in 45 min. That’s just unfortunate and I feel sorry for whoever it is.

Whats pissing me off is the fact the police were alerted to this at 7:45. I didn’t get on the motorway until 9:30. Why on earth could they not shut the motorway in that time? Not a warning sign or anything in evidence.

9 hours ago, a m ole said:

Takeaway places advertising 50% off on Deliveroo and making the original price double.

Blame deliveroo not the takeaway. They'll be charging the restaurant 30% commission on top of all the fees that they charge you. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bickster said:

Some poor sod is threatening to throw himself off a motorway bridge and I’m stuck on M62. I only jumped onto the motorway to get home quicker, not moved in 45 min. That’s just unfortunate and I feel sorry for whoever it is.

Whats pissing me off is the fact the police were alerted to this at 7:45. I didn’t get on the motorway until 9:30. Why on earth could they not shut the motorway in that time? Not a warning sign or anything in evidence.

You can't moan, sounds like you gave him the idea!

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Blame deliveroo not the takeaway. They'll be charging the restaurant 30% commission on top of all the fees that they charge you. 

How does the discount affect the commission if the sum total is the same price? It’s not the price, it’s the guise of it being discounted that’s the issue.

its click bait for their restaurant.

Edited by a m ole

Before I say anything, I admit I made a mistake but the circumstances sucked and the proportion of the potential punishment really pisses me off.

Over here, people are not safe drivers at all. People speed like crazy, overtake, swerve around, undertake; basically everything reckless drivers do but to a ridiculous extent. The stats support it. The government decided to tackle this with new extreme laws to mostly protect civilians. The flagship policy was making it illegal not to stop for a pedestrian even just stood at a crossing. Before it was only when the pedestrian was already on the crossing. A logical rule but the fine with 3000 zloty (around 500 quid) plus 60% of your point allocation to lose your licence. Other rules here are if you're speeding and not stopping, and if it's a two lane road, and another car is stopped and you don't, for the same punishment. No idea if these stack.

I bloody always stop. Even if the person is just walking on the pavement near the crossing; the rule is so extreme, I don't want to risk. On the flipside, I see people not stopping all of the time, even when I'm a pedestrian.

Last month, I was driving on one of the main roads, and there was a large junction with traffic lights. The crossings here are with lights, so the rules above don't need to apply as there's red and green for cars/pedestrians. However, the lights were off, so i was driving through normally. A car turned into the (2 lane) road and had stopped for a workman on the junction, but I didn't see him so I carried on through. It felt a bit weird but I didn't think too much of it.

Yesterday, banging on the door at 8am. 2 policemen wanting to talk to me about this situation. I need to know what proof they have, whether it's just a picture or video or whatever. But I'm shitting myself. I made a mistake, but this guy was stood on the side of the road, there was no danger and nothing happened. But I didn't stop (1 offence), and someone else had stopped (1 offence) so potentially it's a grand fine and I lose my licence, for basically nothing. For comparison, I;d have to be caught speeding 15 times to get the same amount of punishment. Driving without insurance is less than a third of it. Drink driving, half as severe.

Banging on my door at 8am and potentially losing my licence for that.

If I lose my licence over something so innocuous, **** me.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

22 hours ago, bickster said:

You want me to provide you with glowing reviews. Pay me

Its fairly similar to...

You want me to advertise your product, Pay me

Customer reviews are worthless anyway

I don't even mind clicking 5 stars on an email and writing a little line. I get that the modern online business model does unfortunately put an emphasis on reviews. But when they start asking you to open a trustpilot account and doing it over there :lol: F**king cheek.

50 minutes ago, a m ole said:

How does the discount affect the commission if the sum total is the same price? It’s not the price, it’s the guise of it being discounted that’s the issue.

its click bait for their restaurant.

The restaurant have put their prices up to cover the 30% commission not to fake the discount. They've then offered a discount to attract people in (to cover basic costs or try and get repeat business) and will be losing money on it. They'll probably offer the lower prices if you go direct, every restaurant around here does but most people are to lazy to do so. 

38 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Before I say anything, I admit I made a mistake but the circumstances sucked and the proportion of the potential punishment really pisses me off.

Over here, people are not safe drivers at all. People speed like crazy, overtake, swerve around, undertake; basically everything reckless drivers do but to a ridiculous extent. The stats support it. The government decided to tackle this with new extreme laws to mostly protect civilians. The flagship policy was making it illegal not to stop for a pedestrian even just stood at a crossing. Before it was only when the pedestrian was already on the crossing. A logical rule but the fine with 3000 zloty (around 500 quid) plus 60% of your point allocation to lose your licence. Other rules here are if you're speeding and not stopping, and if it's a two lane road, and another car is stopped and you don't, for the same punishment. No idea if these stack.

I bloody always stop. Even if the person is just walking on the pavement near the crossing; the rule is so extreme, I don't want to risk. On the flipside, I see people not stopping all of the time, even when I'm a pedestrian.

Last month, I was driving on one of the main roads, and there was a large junction with traffic lights. The crossings here are with lights, so the rules above don't need to apply as there's red and green for cars/pedestrians. However, the lights were off, so i was driving through normally. A car turned into the (2 lane) road and had stopped for a workman on the junction, but I didn't see him so I carried on through. It felt a bit weird but I didn't think too much of it.

Yesterday, banging on the door at 8am. 2 policemen wanting to talk to me about this situation. I need to know what proof they have, whether it's just a picture or video or whatever. But I'm shitting myself. I made a mistake, but this guy was stood on the side of the road, there was no danger and nothing happened. But I didn't stop (1 offence), and someone else had stopped (1 offence) so potentially it's a grand fine and I lose my licence, for basically nothing. For comparison, I;d have to be caught speeding 15 times to get the same amount of punishment. Driving without insurance is less than a third of it. Drink driving, half as severe.

That does seem ridiculous assuming no other circumstances. You often find that when a government has been negligent for years about something and then they try to rectify it, they go way overboard in the opposite direction as if to clean their conscience. Was the workman intending to cross the junction at any point? You might be able to contend that the other driver had stopped for effectively no reason (not all pedestrians are crossing or anywhere near crossing a road just because they're on the same road as a crossing) and it's unfair to penalise a driver going through a crossing that had no-one near it just because some lunatic decided they wanted to stop at it and admire the view. But then I don't know what your courts are like or whether you'd end up in jail for a failed appeal. Ordinarily I'd advise paying it and moving on, but if losing your licence is the penalty then it might be worth lawyering up and pleading your case - again depending on how long you lose it for.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Sounds pretty shit, hope you’re able to sort it out.

I’m also shocked they have policemen free to visit houses at 8am over a traffic offence. Here at the moment. you can get burgled whilst in your home and an officer will come over in a couple of days. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

That does seem ridiculous assuming no other circumstances. You often find that when a government has been negligent for years about something and then they try to rectify it, they go way overboard in the opposite direction as if to clean their conscience. Was the workman intending to cross the junction at any point? You might be able to contend that the other driver had stopped for effectively no reason (not all pedestrians are crossing or anywhere near crossing a road just because they're on the same road as a crossing) and it's unfair to penalise a driver going through a crossing that had no-one near it just because some lunatic decided they wanted to stop at it and admire the view. But then I don't know what your courts are like or whether you'd end up in jail for a failed appeal. Ordinarily I'd advise paying it and moving on, but if losing your licence is the penalty then it might be worth lawyering up and pleading your case - again depending on how long you lose it for.

It all depends if they count the two charges separately. As I’m cooperating (I spoke with them normally) I’m hoping it’ll be as minor as possible but based on what I’ve read, losing my licence is a possibility. 

The other factor was that this was a normal junction with lights. If the lights are off, all of the crossing become pedestrian right of way crossings? Seems more dangerous to me 

9 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

The restaurant have put their prices up to cover the 30% commission not to fake the discount. They've then offered a discount to attract people in (to cover basic costs or try and get repeat business) and will be losing money on it. They'll probably offer the lower prices if you go direct, every restaurant around here does but most people are to lazy to do so. 

Again the problem is not the price to offset the commission, the problem is setting that price, doubling it, then setting a 50% discount to bait people to click on their restaurant.

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It all depends if they count the two charges separately. As I’m cooperating (I spoke with them normally) I’m hoping it’ll be as minor as possible but based on what I’ve read, losing my licence is a possibility. 

The other factor was that this was a normal junction with lights. If the lights are off, all of the crossing become pedestrian right of way crossings? Seems more dangerous to me 

I doubt they charge you twice for the same offence, otherwise there is literally no scenario above where you don't immediately lose your licence for not stopping at a junction that another car was already stopped at, because by definition you will always have done both types of offence simultaneously and therefore always lose your licence. I doubt that's the intent the government were going for

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BOF said:

I doubt they charge you twice for the same offence, otherwise there is literally no scenario above where you don't immediately lose your licence for not stopping at a junction that another car was already stopped at, because by definition you will always have done both types of offence simultaneously and therefore always lose your licence. I doubt that's the intent the government were going for

I guess so but the offences by themselves don’t make sense. Like you can’t be speeding (another one) through it without there being a first offence of not stopping. We’ll see but losing my licence for this is just **** ridiculous. 

Reddit videos autoplaying on VT. As soon as I load the page I start getting audio from further down the thread. And if it's been quoted, then it plays each of the quote ones too. It's a cacophony.

And it pisses me off.

Â