Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

How is diving being remotely connected with homosexuality?
They are, in fact, strongly connected:

Both in the sense that competing to see who can leap into the air, twist their body in the most interesting way and then make the smallest splash when they land in the water can be said to be "a bit gay". And also in the sense that several competitors in the field of Olympic diving over the years have been declared or declared themselves to be more than "a bit gay".

I stress that there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with being gay, choosing to live a gay lifestyle, or doing gay things (like having bum sex, for example :)).

It's just such things do not fall within the realm of what Olympic competition should be about, IMO, and therefore IMO, it is amusing to declare competitions that one views with disdain as "gay". That is all.

I'm **** useless at goodbyes. A couple of guys at work are not working our last shift tomorrow, so today was the final shift for them and probably the last time I'll see them. I got on well with both of them, the one guy in particular was just a great guy. The other had to hurry off but we just shook hands, said it'd been good, and he went on his way. The other let me out of the store at about 7.15, shook my hand and hugged me and said 'It's been a pleasure bud. I worked with a load of guys over the years here but you're one of the few I'll genuinely miss. See you around mate'.

And all I could think to say was 'Thanks. See ya'.

I actually felt really bad pretty much immediately afterwards, he was a sound chap and I really will miss working with him.

How is diving being remotely connected with homosexuality?

Having seen one or two videos with 'diving' in the title, the lady stars therein gave me the impression that they had chewed over the idea of homosexuality.

:clap:

I'm **** useless at goodbyes. A couple of guys at work are not working our last shift tomorrow, so today was the final shift for them and probably the last time I'll see them. I got on well with both of them, the one guy in particular was just a great guy. The other had to hurry off but we just shook hands, said it'd been good, and he went on his way. The other let me out of the store at about 7.15, shook my hand and hugged me and said 'It's been a pleasure bud. I worked with a load of guys over the years here but you're one of the few I'll genuinely miss. See you around mate'.

I actually felt really bad pretty much immediately afterwards, he was a sound chap and I really will miss working with him.

Well don't tell us, tell him - can't be that hard to track down his email or whatever.

Know what you mean about saying goodbye. Had an uncle who was dying of cancer, and the whole idea of saying goodbye properly when he was flying back home made me clam up. I regret it now, obviously.

I have just found out the Olympics is only 16 days long. I am guessing it has always been that length, but I just presumed they would be a lot longer with all the different events and hundreds of countries competing. So billions for what is effectively a 2 week event. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

People who get their facts/statements/posts wrong. :winkold:

A very quick a rudimentary check on the 2012 website reveals that the first olympics 2012 events start on the 25th July, and the final event and closing ceremony is on the 12 August.

That's a whopping 19 days chief. Let's not sell it short by 3 days :mrgreen:

The busy petrol pumps is pissing me off. I had to get fuel this morning, purely for the reason that I had none left, not because I was panic buying. Everywhere was rammed. At 7am

Annoying.

I have just found out the Olympics is only 16 days long. I am guessing it has always been that length, but I just presumed they would be a lot longer with all the different events and hundreds of countries competing. So billions for what is effectively a 2 week event. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

People who get their facts/statements/posts wrong. :winkold:

A very quick a rudimentary check on the 2012 website reveals that the first olympics 2012 events start on the 25th July, and the final event and closing ceremony is on the 12 August.

That's a whopping 19 days chief. Let's not sell it short by 3 days :mrgreen:

Sorry smart arse. Let me expalin my point.

The opening ceremony is on the 27th of July, and the closing ceremony is on the 12th of August as you say. So my original point and dates were correct. But yes there is the womens football qualifier in Glasgow and Cardiff on the 25th, but I was judging it from the opening ceremony which is generally the start of the olympics to the closing ceremony. Just like the world cup starts with the opening ceremony and ends with the final and then the closing ceremony. :D

The other let me out of the store at about 7.15, shook my hand and hugged me and said 'It's been a pleasure bud. I worked with a load of guys over the years here but you're one of the few I'll genuinely miss. See you around mate'.

Can you not make an effort to still be in contact other then at work?

People who you like are hard to come by so it's a shame to lose a friend just because you no longer work together.

Very nearly having an accident with a word removed on a roundabout today who decided that it didn't matter if I was ON the roundabout with right of way. She wanted to continue at the back of the stream of cars that had successfully managed to get onto the roundabout before me and her. Almost like I wasn't ruining HER conga line. Oh and forgetting my mobile phone. It's gonna be one of those **** days my friend. And that's a self-fulfilling prophecy because my bad mood will MAKE SURE it's one of those days. Someone's getting a punch.

woah, woah, woah..

What's happening with petrol??

Do you not watch the news?

:shock:

Been on holiday?

Ah, OK. Threatened strike by tanker lorry drivers, same as last time.

Â